I pulled the NEGATIVE off on the battery. This basically reset everything on my car.
Only thing that no1 on the board mentioned, was that I'd have to reset my radio.
So for future purposes!
NOTE: When pulling negative off battery to reset ECU, make sure you do the following.
( I am not responsible for any of your actions )
PRELIMINARY STEP : WARM UP ENGINE, then turn it off~
1) remove negative by loosening the nut on the connection to the negative.
2) leave negative off for about 30seconds
3) place back on, and tighten
4) start car, leave idle for 10minutes(MANDATORY)
5) reset clock and radio
6) radio requires special CODE. The CODE is found on a card located inside the red booklet/packaging.
7) drive around, and let the ECU get accustomed to your driving.
...if there is anything wrong with this procedure... please correct it.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Honda and Acura owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, concepts, reviews, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!