Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the B&M factory bend shifter that they say fits the del sol which it does but it is not del sol factory bend it's the civics and it is way off. if you get a short shifter from B&M get the straight one which reduces shifting by 45% or the Race shifter that reduces shifting by 54%

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
:D yeah i never really liked b&m products, no offense, but ive always been really happy with my skunk2 dual bend

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the dual bend is for an integra!! but anyways they are as much as i paid for the race shifter from B&M which has a spherical bearing instead of the factory Plastic cage and Metal Housing. it shifts so smooth.and effortless i love the thing and yeah does stick out kind of hight but i figured out a solution and bought a Die to thread it and cut it shorter.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
i never liked short shifters anyways. i never felt like its worth it to buy a POS one cuz they snap. i dont like the expensive ones because it doesnt really do much...i shift fast regardless the length of the shift. plus ive seen alot of people who endup grinding alot with SSs

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
never tried the B&M, my buddy had one on his civic and it felt weird to me. But i have the FLP RR shifter in my sol...if u think the B&M is tall you haven't seen this hog lol. It keeps the knob right by the steering wheel though so I have more time with both hands controlling the wheel. And the throw is still shorter than stock :tu

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
LostSolVTEC said:
never tried the B&M, my buddy had one on his civic and it felt weird to me. But i have the FLP RR shifter in my sol...if u think the B&M is tall you haven't seen this hog lol. It keeps the knob right by the steering wheel though so I have more time with both hands controlling the wheel. And the throw is still shorter than stock :tu

i have seen it...and i believe i am quoting you from about 2 years ago when i say it is like a "whales penis"

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I've been using a 10 dollar ebay SS for over 2 years now...no problems. I love the way it feels.

Honestly, I think you have to be a crackhead AND a ricer to shift hard enough to break it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.