Apex Catback 500
JET V-MODULE 275
AEM Fuel Rail/Reg 280
skunk2 CAM Gear 130
skunk2 stage II camshafts 900
auto to stick conversion ???
paint???

Total 5665

Is this worth it for $7215? Not include conversion from auto to manual and paint job? How much do you guys think an auto to manual conversion would cost just for the items required (no labor). What paint job would look better on a 4th gen accord EX 90? Orange or Pearl white? how much would it cost for paint job?
Please give me any advice so I can future calculate and do these mods. I have only about 8500 at hand.

Oh yeah, and how fast will I be going? mid 13's maybe? Thinking about that Venom NOS kit too. But don't have enough to build block and kit. ANy advice would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Prices seem about right. Paint costs about 2500 to have a decent job with color change(door/trunk/ect. jambs). BTW, please dont do orange on a 4th gen. With that setup, you might be in mid to low 14's with a 5spd. A lot of people run a 75 shot on a stock H22, so that would get you into the 13's no problem.

But, if you really want my advice, buy a newer car. 4th gens are nice...but spending 10G's on a 10+ year old car?!! Sounds crazy to me. You probably already know, but when you sell it, its still only worth whatever a 4th gen is worth. IMO, go buy a 4/5th gen lude with H22 already in it. You have 8500, sell your car for 3500. You have 12k. Sorry if it sounded like I'm putting your 4th gen down, I love accords, but just think its crazy when people spend so much money on an older car. Good luck though.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, the prices don't seem right. $150. for indigo gauges? I got mine for 30 bucks brand new. $150. for JDM headlights? I did my own for 40 dollars. With all that money and hassle, I'd rather just put all that money into another car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for advice, yeah I thought about a newer car but I love my car. So I'll stick with it. Was thinking about getting a hatch 3800 and 1600 for b16a and 3100 for mods. but I like a big interior. Ludes still go for around 15 -18k if i do that I won't have any money left to mod. Sleeper approach is cheaper. I'll go with pearl white for color then. Or maybe my stock color (burgandy) I don't think it matches my rims though. I don't think I want to sell my car after the mods. hehe. It's gonna be a smooth ride. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
?

Not to be a punk but i think it is gonna take a little more then an H22 and Nos to run 13's.

·
Registered
847 Posts
well to start off the jetvforce is 225 not 275. A lot fo that stuff you can buy cheaper like the gauges and lights. Sounds like you have a lot of money to spend on a car. Why dont you buy a car that already has the 5 speed in it. Its costly unless you got the hookup. well good luck to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, at first I had plans for a full gude head work and other all motor mods but alot of posts says the gude head work is not that good. I then turned to h22 swap. I part that I have absolutely no information on is the auto to manual swap. Of course nothing is going to be worth it if I have auto. I can't find a shop that will do this kind of work. ANyone that lives around the east bay area or central valley in california who knows how to do this. I mean professionally. I'll pay you. let me know.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: ?

MSaccordNR said:
Not to be a punk but i think it is gonna take a little more then an H22 and Nos to run 13's.
its done all the time. i've seen as low as 13.6. a stock H22 can run a low 14. like 14.3 or 14.4. with a 75 shot it should knock at least .4 off

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Re: Re: ?

98AccordEX said:
its done all the time. i've seen as low as 13.6. a stock H22 can run a low 14. like 14.3 or 14.4. with a 75 shot it should knock at least .4 off
Exactly. Wutangben in the lude forum ran a 13.6 with 75 shot. And there are a few guys running 14.3's+/- on a N/A H22 with not too many mods. Rare, but still happening. Good driver with a H22 plus 75 shot can see high 13's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
some of the things are highly overpriced. What year accord do you have? I can get most of those things for 1/2 that price. email me

·
Registered
500 Posts
paulbur02 said:
some of the things are highly overpriced. What year accord do you have? I can get most of those things for 1/2 that price. email me
can you get THOSE things at half price? or things LIKE THOSE at half price? you can put a turbo on a car and make 250hp. take the turbo off and put another turbo on and it only makes 200hp. it depends on the parts you use. one person can say they have a turbo which uses a T3/T4. another person can say they have a turbo and they use a T25. wow theyre both turbo. its just one would kick the shit out of the other. the T3/T4. you can cheap out of a turbo. it does 2 things. saves you money. and gives you less power. you cheap out on the wastegate. but a delatagate over a Tial. set them both for 9 lbs. the Tial will stay at 9 lbs all day long. but then the money you saved on the deltagate also was saved in the production process and thats why your wastegate is now letting 12 or 13 lbs out and you blow your motor. cheaper wastegates have boost creep. which is when you set it for 9 lbs and sometimes it lets out 13 lbs. the intercooler is also important. it will keep your motor cooler. if you compare a starion intercooler to a spearco intercooler the piping will be so much cooler after the spearco because it flows and cools better. so yeah you can cheap out on things but it will just take power away

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
ill admit it....my parents own my car..they wont let me trade or sell my shit as long as they own it..... i have no choice to fix my shit up.... like it or not...i love accords and im plannin on stickin wid accords...if i had a chose ide get the 5 gen accords.. why? cuz i think there not bulky like 4th gens...even tho i have a 4th gen..6 gen looks too family for me..

either way ima spend a grip of money..i might as well fix it up and look good since i cant get another car

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Re: ?

MSaccordNR said:

ive seen a 5th gen f22 on n2o w/ weight reduction hit 14.2. some dood just posted a thread where he ran his h22 4th gen on slicks and ran 14.2

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
hey pboilee

i'm in sorta the same boat you're in. i live in the east bay, i am stuck with my 4dr auto civic, i found the engine and parts for the swap but now i need to find someone to help me out. also, i just moved here from central california to go to school at csu hayward so i know no car guys. so if you find someone to help you out, help me out also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts