Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about painting my rims black. do you think it would look good?

·
Registered
238 Posts
if i were you i wouldnt do it, it'll be a waste of time and money. but im not you so you dont have to listen to me

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WhiteTegRacer said:
if i were you i wouldnt do it, it'll be a waste of time and money. but im not you so you dont have to listen to me
yeah i didnt think it would look good either, but i was in the rim forum looking at posts of painting rims and i figured, might as well ask. thanks for your input!

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
if you have it done professionally it will look good. if you're just gonna run to home depot and start sparying them without even taking the tires off then its gonna look ugly. black rims on red cars dont look bad at all IMO.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
if you have it done professionally it will look good. if you're just gonna run to home depot and start sparying them without even taking the tires off then its gonna look ugly. black rims on red cars dont look bad at all IMO.
i think black rims on a red car look pimp. this summer, im gonna get some black rims with a silver lip. i just dont think the design i have now would look good if i painted it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
druuuu said:
yeah i didnt think it would look good either, but i was in the rim forum looking at posts of painting rims and i figured, might as well ask. thanks for your input!
your welcome, btw, if you want to save money, you can buy crappy rims for 500 like primax or something, and paint it black or something

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have seen a few factory rims painted gunmetal and black. They all looked good from a distance. However, up close, only one set looked good. Don't know how it was done but it looked original not spray can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you plan on painting use dupli-colors new high performance rim paint. i just saw it last week and a few people on SH sent my pics of them trying it and it looks quite well. still deciding if im goin to do it :confused

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I keep hearing about painting rims. I cant imagine it would hold up very well would it? Rocks, gravel and such wont knock it off? Up here in PA it would be gone in a second from the road salt. Why not spend a few bucks and have them powdercoated or anodized?

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
I keep hearing about painting rims. I cant imagine it would hold up very well would it? Rocks, gravel and such wont knock it off? Up here in PA it would be gone in a second from the road salt. Why not spend a few bucks and have them powdercoated or anodized?
Mine held up fine and I drove it through the whole winter. My rims were also exposed to a shit load of salt. :cry

As long as you take your time painting them and don't take any shortcuts you'll be fine. :tu

I'll find a better picture when I get home.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
projecthatch92 said:
what kinda rims you got right now?
factory rims. this isnt a very good pic but oh well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts