Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is it better to leave your PC running all day, or do you turn it off and on? If you leave it on: Do you leave it in Sleep Mode, or Hybernate, or just let it run the whole time? I have a laptop, and I was just curious, cuz sometimes i'll leave it running the whole night, i just turn off the monitor. Most of the time I leave it in Sleep Mode through the night. So what do yall do?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
my pc runs all day everyday. my monitor shuts off after 15 minutes if left idle, but other than that, my pc is always on. maybe thats why my last powersupply blew up.:p

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I leave mine running all the time, it fucks up when it's in sleep mode to long, not sure why. I just turn off the monitor when I'm gonna be gone for a while and when I sleep.

·
Registered
838 Posts
yea normally its better if you leave it on during the day and turn it off at night (if you want) .. turning it off and on throughout the day isnt good.

i myself leave the pc on 24/7 and just turn off the monitor when im gone. i turn my PC off maybe like once a month. monthly sleep :D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I leave it on mostly. Some nights I turn it off. And I restart it here and there as well. I have a laptop, so if I go somewhere, I usually just close the lid, which puts me into standby or hibernate. I can't remember which one I have it set to right now though.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My computers are all one 24/7 unless I'm taking my laptop somewhere. Monitor turns off after 20 min

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
H22_ACCORD_LMT said:
I leave my pc on 24/7 unless is messes up and I have to reboot.
same here, i don't remember the last time my computer was turned off completely. it uses more power/electricity to power down and back up twice, than it does to leave it on all day. i turn my monitor off at night when i sleep but thats it. as for my notebook, its only on when i'm using it or need to access something off the network.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
CRXican said:
I leave mine running all the time, it fucks up when it's in sleep mode to long, not sure why. I just turn off the monitor when I'm gonna be gone for a while and when I sleep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my computers are always on 24/7.
since i have 3 in my room it keeps my room nice and toasty during winter. hehehe

·
Registered
629 Posts
The one at work is required to stay on 24/7 just incase the IT people want to upload a new program they can just mass send instead of going PC to PC...

Mine at home... If I'm not going to use it for a while (read days at a time) I'll turn it off. It's pretty loud (fans fans fans) so it's sometimes annoying at night. I just got sound dampener for it so we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i leave my computer one all the time unless im going away for a day or so.

the only time that turn off my computer is in the summer....my computer gets hella hot n is hella loud

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
after you're done doing what? making a bad movie about them with your G5? 'cause that's about all it's good for right? that and surfing the internet at a blazing fast speed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
do you guys thin its ok if its just on the screensaver all day and night when im gone? should i just leave it on the screensaver or just turn the monitor off? thanks

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
i use to leave it on all the time. but the noise was waking up my dad. and he started to bitch that it's goign to cost alot of electricity. so now i just leave it on whenever i'm downloading anything that is gonna take a while. the longest uptime without restarting for me was 5 days.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts