Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be trading my 2000 celica in around august of 2003. I was hoping that since the new model NSX should be out soon that I would be able to get a decent 91-94 NSX for under 30K. Do you think I will be able to find a decent low mileage NSX for under 30? If you think I can, could you guys help me on where to look? I dont even know where you would want to go about finding a used NSX since there aren't too many floating around. Thanx in advance for your help.

Joe

· Registered
396 Posts
I'm not sure where you are from, but in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, there was a 1991 or 2 for sale. had about 81,000 miles on it. Black, manual, leather etc. It had thermal exhaust, nitrous kit (not sure how big of a shot) and other goodies. The owner wanted about $30,000 still! I'm not sure if its for sale still.
Goodluck!
peace

· Registered
666 Posts
If you are willing to accept a high-milage car that is not cosmetically perfect, but in good mechanical condition - yes. You will need to be patient and to have the money ready to jump when you find the perfect car.

I would reccommend going through all of the info in the FAQ at www.nsxprime.com. They cover all of the changes by model year and even have a used car buying check list. It is a GREAT resource.

You might check www.hemmings.com for current prices.

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Hondas are well built cars. I wouldn't worry about milage in the range 50-60K. Anything over that I'd check things carefully. For such a car as NSX the owner would have the $ to keep it in good condition but that's not to say there isn't an ass that thrashes his NSX.

Be aware of any mods made or have been removed. Ask! ask! ask! and remember a cheap selling price always suggest something (9/10 times).

· Registered
110 Posts
yes it is possible to find an earlier model NSX for under 30k. the average resell price of early NSXs isnt too high. My dad bought a 1991 NSX almost three years ago with 34,000 miles for 36k. i dunno if you can find one with that few miles, but im almost sure you can get one for under 30k.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
hey diamond star, i know you're not doing that on the t-25... what turbo you got?

· Registered
110 Posts
no hell no not with the stock T-25, Hahn super 16G. what all you got done to your GST? its good to see another DSM on a Honda board!

· Registered
1,063 Posts
im rollin with my t-too small for now, lookin to upgrade to a forced performance big t28 :)

· Registered
374 Posts
get this guys.....

There is a 91 NSX with only 2,900 miles for sale on ebay right now.....

It looks better than most 99 nsx's that i have seen....

I think the auction is at $35k right now....

I wana eventually in the year 2005 trade in my 95 3 series for a 96 nsx.....

· Registered
45 Posts
My brother-in-law just picked up a 92 NSX in Canada for $15,400...The front suspension neede work, and it needed a new paint job, but thats all that was wrong with it... Engine super clean, and super fast...It had been parked for over 2years... I'll try and get the webpage for you..

· Registered
219 Posts
something to thimk about is the timing belt needs to be replaced on any honda/acura after 7 years. make sure the timing belt/water pump has been changed.
if not plan on spending $1500 after you buy it for a timing belt job.
I work in an Acura service department and can get you prices if you need.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.