Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Mine's dropped about 1-1/2 inches, and when I got it aligned, the dude said it was perfect for racing and
refused to change it...so? Were's that "kick me in the nuts" smiley when you need it? :lol2 I must admit: it's a "rock-solid" beast/no uneven wear to speak of, so far.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
some negative camber is good as long as the TOE setting is 0.
so for a street car up to -1.5* of negative camber should be ok and for the rear as close as possible to 0*

Reactions: projecthatch92

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
when i was with only some cheap coilovers+stock shocks and a -1* camber on both front&rear my front wheelsfucked up a lot and the hadling was about good...

Now with D2 RS coilover kit installed :D the car is lowered more and the camber is -1.5* front and -1* rear the car hadles like a real race car i totaly loved it ...but even tho with more negative camber on front the tires are just fine for almost a year now when the old tires where a mess with less than 8 months.

It was time for inspection (its every 2 years here in Cyprus) so when i took it to the inspection shop, 2 days ago, the guy who check it told me that the car it was way too low :eek: and he wouldn't pass so i up it about an inch and when i took it for aligment it was +/-0* front and rear (fair :rolleyes ) but now i don't like the way it handles so when i have my new pillow balls installed in few days ( when the weather gonna be better) i'll set it as it was...

p.s.. no camber kit here.... :ninja

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so basically if you have one of the nicer coilover set-ups and run camber, than your tires should last awhile. if you have stock struts with some springs than you should probably run +/- 0* all around. makes sense.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Like ultra said, you want about -1.5deg of negative camber. The tire sidewalls flex enough that you should not have any uneven tire wear.

I had about -1deg negative camber after lowering. I actually bought a front camber kit so that I could dial in *MORE* negative camber to get to -1.5 on the front.

Its having incorrect toe settings that will eat your tires. I run 0deg toe front and rear.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
correct, toe is the tire killer.. not camber. The only time camber eats tires is when there is excessive negative camber like on a slammed car with the wheels tucked.

first thing to ask the shop is if they will align the car to *YOUR* specs. Many will not. If they won't, keep going. Find out who the local auto-x people take their cars to for an alignment.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Whew I thought I was going to have to go into the whole "toe causes wear, not camber" thing but looks like other people took care of it. :) I run -2.0F/-1.4R with zero toe... NO uneven wear. Whereas I had noticeable wear on the inside edges of all four when I had just -0.9 all around and just a little bit (stock default) of toe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts