Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dodge’s designers were told to think global when penning the Caliber concept for the Geneva show. The sport-themed, five-door hatchback hints strongly at Chrysler’s future plans for a Dodge-branded C-segment vehicle, one of the most popular configurations outside of the U.S. market. The automaker is hoping Caliber’s aggressive appearance will help it stand out from the C-crowd and appeal to car buyers the world over.

Plenty of Dodge DNA is evident in Caliber’s design, most notably the brand’s signature crosshair grille. Wide, sculpted wheel arches, 19-inch wheels and tires and a pronounced hood lend the vehicle a powerful stance. Chrome door handles and body-side moldings accent Caliber's Sunburst Orange exterior.

“With its bold styling and clever packaging, Caliber is pure Dodge,” said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President—Design, Chrysler Group. “This concept is a new slant on one of the world’s most competitive segments. The Dodge Caliber concept brings emotion to the C-segment sea of sameness and strongly hints at the future direction of Dodge in the global car market.”

Chrysler says Dodge will begin selling vehicles in European volume segments in 2006. Something akin to the Caliber will likely lead the charge.

-AutoWeek.Com

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
It doesn't look bad at all. The front is a bit too bold/much for a small hatch. Looking at the frontal view, you'd swear it was a large truck or SUV. Rear hatch area reminds me of the Malibu Maxx for some reason.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
what's with all the bullet related names?

What's next? The new Dodge HollowPoint?

·
Registered
849 Posts
civic1784 said:
what's with all the bullet related names?

What's next? The new Dodge HollowPoint?
Its not bullet related theme. its PENIS RELATED THEME!!! "holy shit he has a MAGNUM!!! he must have a massive cock."
"damn i wish i had a magnum"

its funny as hell. but at least chrystler is becoming MORE And MORE edgy...its been a TOOOO long since they took any risks.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts

With styling resembling Dodge’s truck family more than the Magnum with which it shares its wagon styling, the Caliber is a radical departure from the cute Neon it will replace. This front-driver will also launch Dodge in Europe as a maker of sporty, exciting cars. Europeans will putter their Calibers thanks to the 1.5-liter four-cylinder from the Smart ForFour or the 1.9-liter four from the Mercedes A-class, while motivation for the American Caliber will be a 2.0-liter four developed by the global engine alliance created by Chrysler, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai. Mitsubishi also developed the vehicle’s architecture, which the Caliber will share with the next-generation Lancer that is set to bow next year. We will have to wait until the Frankfurt show in September to see a production version. Expect sales to begin in 2006.

caranddriver

·
Registered
253 Posts
mini-me durango.....suddenly the 5-door civic concept looks a whole lot more attractive.

look how narrow this thing is. those rear lights look so awkward, i wouldn't be surprised if they were photochopped on. the shoulder line is too high and the hatch makes the ass malibu maxx fugly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
bojacks said:
Its not bullet related theme. its PENIS RELATED THEME!!! "holy shit he has a MAGNUM!!! he must have a massive cock."
"damn i wish i had a magnum"

its funny as hell. but at least chrystler is becoming MORE And MORE edgy...its been a TOOOO long since they took any risks.
Not to mention calling some of their trucks the "RAMROD" in the past and at the L.A. Auto Show 3 years ago.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
revvin said:
mini-me durango.....suddenly the 5-door civic concept looks a whole lot more attractive.

look how narrow this thing is. those rear lights look so awkward, i wouldn't be surprised if they were photochopped on. the shoulder line is too high and the hatch makes the ass malibu maxx fugly.

i hate to say it, but suddenly, neons somehow look much prettier...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
hobie237 said:
i hate to say it, but suddenly, neons somehow look much prettier...
:stupid

That.... car thing... whatever you want to call it is ugly as hell. I'd rather have the neon rolling around than that....

Dodge... wtf are you thinking :nuts :idiots :boo

~Peace

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
:stupid

That.... car thing... whatever you want to call it is ugly as hell. I'd rather have the neon rolling around than that....

Dodge... wtf are you thinking :nuts :idiots :boo

~Peace
that thing is horrible, I sure hope it sells horrible too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts