Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q. DOES AN HHO ENGINE HYBRID SYSTEM REALLY WORK? ANYONE TRIED IT?

Here is the link: What is HHO and how does it work from EZine Articles
But I have also seen many YouTube and Online videos. I am very interested in this but DOES IT REALLY WORK? Getting mixed reviews from the Net.:bash

* Supposed to save gas
* Good for the engine
* Heard that Air Craft Turbine Engines use it to prevent detonation

ONE More link from GenX: GenerateFuel.com - Run Car On Water with GenX Systems
-Thank You Guys

***I AM NOT PROMOTING OR SELLING THIS...JUST WONDERING MYSELF IF THIS SHIT REALLY WORKS or NOT***

· Registered
45 Posts
It is true. and they do use them. My friend actually did it to his geo metro. says he gets around 49mpg now :/

I dont know. but if it really works, and i can find one that isnt ass ugly, I would prop one on the daily driver

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to try it as well, but not till I get the transmission fixed. Just got US Fidelis but if I do that warranty will be void. Hellt hey sold the warranty with an intake and now they are being a pain in the ass...lets se how it goes. But someone who have used it themselves, if you can help us out that would be great...I mean 60 Miles to the gallon is not bad.

· Registered
478 Posts
Its a load of crap, just accept it. The only advantage that you may see is the reduction of pinging from having something cold sprayed in the intake. The plain fact is that because of the first law of thermodynamics it will always take more energy to break the water down then you get when the parts are re combined again. Its a net loss. Electrolosys COULD be used as energy storage like a battery but batterys are more efficient and practical. All this system would do is put more load on the alternator and that would put more load on the engine.

· Registered
478 Posts
P.S If the system isn't made right or if it leaks or if there isn't a adequate system to prevent flashback then you will leave a nice crater.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
dont mess with it

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a load of crap, just accept it. The only advantage that you may see is the reduction of pinging from having something cold sprayed in the intake. The plain fact is that because of the first law of thermodynamics it will always take more energy to break the water down then you get when the parts are re combined again. Its a net loss. Electrolosys COULD be used as energy storage like a battery but batterys are more efficient and practical. All this system would do is put more load on the alternator and that would put more load on the engine.
AHHH! Cool, thanks and more so for the explanation...won't mess with it. Hopefully this will help other people as well...thanks a lot.

· Registered
478 Posts
Is anyone else here suspicious that two people with less than 25 posts showed up to hail the virtues of this product? And talk about how great a fuel economy their "friend got". I have to say that its a good try at viral marketing but I think that they may want to go advertise on the GM boards. Near the electric superchargers and swirl intake inserts. But if they start selling I may have to compete with my line of turboencabulators.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is anyone else here suspicious that two people with less than 25 posts showed up to hail the virtues of this product? And talk about how great a fuel economy their "friend got". I have to say that its a good try at viral marketing but I think that they may want to go advertise on the GM boards. Near the electric superchargers and swirl intake inserts. But if they start selling I may have to compete with my line of turboencabulators.
Nah man...I am not trying to market it...so don't take this the wrong way. I am new to modding and actually working on my car so instead of always screwing up stuff on my car this time around I decided to join a forum. Maybe learn a few things.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Continued...I came into looking this thing up when I was at work, work study at school for 5 hours. I was bored so then I started looking into it since I heard about this from many people...and no I don't know of anyone who actually used or has one of these hook ups. Again I am not trying to sell or promote this...so yeah..I know I might be new to this forum, don't take this the wrong way. Just pondering if this really works.

· Registered
359 Posts
ok i actually tried this just for the fun of it (my dad is an engineer this probably gets his blood pumping to his wang) so we had intentions of 10032985 mpg and sadly it actually reduced my overall mpg. i drove to school and back so i dont know how accurate the results were. i took it out and i dont want to put it back in. oh and i know it does produce some explosive gasses because just for shits and gigs i had it in the backyard and had it tied to a battery source and i put a match to the gas hole. and it exploded lol. but really i dont know if it worked. all i know it was a bitch to wrap the coils and i couldnt find the right stainless steel so i setteled for some stainless steel that overtimes becomes rusts in the water+bakingsoda compounds

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
does anybody watch mythbusters anymore? they had this on an episode and proved it didn't work

· Registered
478 Posts
Yeah and we all know that they are perfect ;)

Really I like the idea of the Myth-busters but their usual approach is "if we can't do it in a week it's impossible" so its not like you can trust them completely.

All this system does is take mechanical energy from your engine using the alternator to convert it to electrical energy. Then it takes the electrical energy to chemical energy in the electrolysis process. Then it pumps some of that chemical energy back to turning the engine.

According to the first law of thermodynamics we will never gain net energy in any of the conversions. According to the second law of thermodynamics we will lose at least some energy to entropy and heat.

If you really want free energy you should look at all the heat that the radiator is pumping into the air. Heat can not be converted directly into other forms of energy but a difference in temperature can. If you can find a practical way to convert that difference between ambient air temp and the engine coolant to usable energy (say electric power for a hybrid) you would be scavenging what is essentially waste energy. Anyone have a really big peltier?

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts

Really I like the idea of the Myth-busters but their usual approach is "if we can't do it in a week it's impossible" so its not like you can trust them completely.

All this system does is take mechanical energy from your engine using the alternator to convert it to electrical energy. Then it takes the electrical energy to chemical energy in the electrolysis process. Then it pumps some of that chemical energy back to turning the engine.

According to the first law of thermodynamics we will never gain net energy in any of the conversions. According to the second law of thermodynamics we will lose at least some energy to entropy and heat.

If you really want free energy you should look at all the heat that the radiator is pumping into the air. Heat can not be converted directly into other forms of energy but a difference in temperature can. If you can find a practical way to convert that difference between ambient air temp and the engine coolant to usable energy (say electric power for a hybrid) you would be scavenging what is essentially waste energy. Anyone have a really big peltier?
they and others have proved it doesn't work stop being stupid

· Registered
478 Posts
READ MY DAMN POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO INSULT ME!
My post was about how and why it DOES NOT WORK. Just because I started it out by saying that Mythbusters aren't gods is no reason to think that I disagree with this particular conclusion. If you were capable of reading and comprehending you would see that I have been saying what BS the HHO scams are from the beginning of the thread. I just didn't want to open my side of the argument to all the hazards of having a straw man as our only support.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts

all the bs in bold makes it harder to get your point that you think it sucks across since essentially you say that the people testing it are wrong.

READ MY DAMN POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO INSULT ME!
My post was about how and why it DOES NOT WORK. Just because I started it out by saying that Mythbusters aren't gods is no reason to think that I disagree with this particular conclusion. If you were capable of reading and comprehending you would see that I have been saying what BS the HHO scams are from the beginning of the thread. I just didn't want to open my side of the argument to all the hazards of having a straw man as our only support.
I did read it. and thought you were being stupid for contradicting yourself. one sentence you say the people are wrong then another you gives reasons for it not to work by the laws of thermodynamics. then you go into some bullshit about radiators and using the heat for power. pick one and stick with it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.