Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use to play that game when i was in like 4th grade i remember...... does anybody have a photo of the arcade or some info??

·
Registered
849 Posts
It was on the Turbo Graphics 16 as well... you could cheat by spamming the selection button.. pushing foward+select would shoot fireballs, while back-select or something would make you do the dragonpunch.. the game was boring after i found that out :(

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Yes, Street Fighter 1 was released here in the states with a BIG cabinet that featured big plunger style buttons for punch and kick. The harder you hit the buttons the harder your fighter would punch. You could only choose Ryu or Ken. Ryu was sporting red hair with red kung fu style slippers, and a white headband. This game was released back in 1987, and mostly corner stores like Stop n Go and Circle K had this game. All the special moves were there which were the Fireball, Hurricane Kick, and Dragon Punch. All the moves were next to impossible to pull off even if you knew how to do the moves, and the damage they inflicted was INSANE! You would choose which country you wanted to go to first. There were 5 countries total -

USA Had
---------------------------
Joe - A Street brawler who utilized a kickboxing style of figting. His spinning back kicks were STRONG. You fight him in a train yard.

Mike - It is rumored that this is the same Mike from Street Fighter 2(aka Balrog)but I don't think so since they look totally different. Mike was all punches, and when he hits it HURTS...2 or 3 hard punches and you were dead. His turf was Mount Rushmore. In Japan, Balrog(SF2) is known as M.Bison(Mike Bison...sounds like Mike Tyson :D ) but changed the name to Balrog to avoid legal matters. The same went for 2 of the other boss fighters. Vega here in the states is know as Balrog in Japan, and M.Bison here in the states is known as Vega in Japan.... crazy shit eh??

Japan Had
----------------------------------------
Retsu - An older Karate master. Mostly used jump kicks and footsweeps as his main weapons. He was bald and sported a grey/white gi and fought in front of a temple. The easiest of all the Street Fighters to beat IMO.

Geki - The ninja master who fought with an iron claw and threw ninja stars. He also had the ability to teleport. His turf was near a lake with Mt Fuji in the background.

China Had
--------------------------------------
Lee - A Chines Kenpo master, who sported the traditional chinese outfit with a cap and pony tail. He usually rushed you down with a barrage of punches and jump kicks. Very very fast! His turf was the Great Wall Of China.

Gen - Also made a comeback in Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3. Gen is a Kung Fu master who many believe to be related to Yun and Yang from the SF3 series since their styles are so similar. His special move was the mule kick. Not that tough, but once he got you cornered you were dead. You'd fight him on the street of Hong Kong.

England Had
---------------------------------------
Birdie - Also came back in Alpha 2 and 3. A street punk with super powerful headbutt attacks. His turf was the backstreet slums of England.

Eagle - This guy was the most pimp of all the Street Fighters in the game. Sporting a bow tie, slacks, and 2 black rods and a scar on his face, he was the shit! He used spinning rod attacks, and low attacks to the shins to run you down. His background was near a lake by a castle in England.

Thailand: The Final Country
-----------------------------------------------
Adon - Also came back in Alpha 1, 2, and 3. He was the Thai Boxer you would fight before Sagat. He would rush you down with turn kicks, and punches to the body. Also had his infamous flip heel kick that would nullify fireballs and inflict huge damage if connected. You would fight him in front of a Thai statue witha fountain....somewhere in the Thai jungles.

Sagat - AKA The King of The Hill. Sporting an Eye Patch, and NO SCAR, he would come out and just run you over with his lunging knee attacks and tiger shot fireballs. 2 hits and you were almost dead! This was the final opponent of SF1. And the hardest.

After you would beat an opponent you would see a beat up mug shot of them and the computer would say "What strenght! But don't forget there are many guys like you all over the world!"

and when you would lose the computer would say "You've got alot to learn before you beat me! Try again kid!! Hahahaha!"

Street Fighter was also released on the Turbo Grafx 16 CD System(and Turbo Duo)under the name "Fighting Street" A real collectors item if you are a Street Fighter junkie like me :D

JesseCrx

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Anybody remember the pinball machine? It was tight too, they even had gameplay rules and plots...

Anyway, I just saw this machine and remembered the thread!

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you even care, I just found this:

Title StreetFighter II
Game Type Beat-em-up
Players 1 or 2
Compatibility Amiga 500, HD version exists
Submission [email protected]

Review

Those who are old enough to remember old arcade game halls with the streetfigher I machine which had the special rubber knobs instead of the fire buttons have been disappointed by the amiga conversion of the game. Not so with Streetfighter II which is a close 1:1 conversion from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). The SNES version had an extra joystick with 5 firebuttons. But how does this game play on the amiga? Astonishingly well, I`d say.
Before you are allowed to fight you need to find the options screen, where you set the usual options like one or two player mode, 8 different difficulty levels and 8 different fighters to select from and
you can burden yourself with a time limit. On the contrary to other
fighting/karate games your opponents are not faceless and rather easy, but each of them is a unique figher with his own style and story. Blanka, for example, the beast from the Jungle, half human, half green animal likes attacking his opponents with electic charges or likes just simply rolling over them. Every character has their set of special moves where effectivness is much higher than with normal punches and kicks. In fact there are 12 fighers, 8 you can select from and another 4 only reserved for the computer.
Each fight consists of a maximum of 3 rounds where you need to win 2 to be able to proceed. If you do not happen to win once you can still use one of the 3 continues the game has in store for you. After 4 fights you enter a bonus round where you have to destroy a car or a brickwall withing 60 seconds. Towards the end you are allowed to fight the 4 fighters only reserved to the computer.
The identical 2 player mode has the advantage that you can select one of the 12 areans to fight in. Despite the complex actions you can take (8 standard-moves, plus different special moves like "telescopic arm" or "energy-torpedo") you master the moves rather quickly with a bit of experience.
The fine tuning of the difficulty levels plus everyone having the same amount of sneaky moves and special moves, and the time and energy bonuses are a major factor in the gameplay. One big disadvantage is the "changing of the disk" syndrome which can make you go nuts sometimes. Also you can not save the Highscore (which only has 5 entries anyway).
The graphics are nice because the background and the figures are colourful and well animated. The game's sound is full of special effects, nice background tunes and sometimes even some speech can be heard.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Street Fighter 2010 The Final Fight was released for the NES in 1990. Supposedly it starred Ken(street Fighter 1) and was basically a side scroll beat em up set in the future. I own the game and it's not very good.

Later that year Capcom released one of it's greatest money makes called "Final Fight" which was a Double Dragon style sidescroll beat'em up too. It was a real quarter muncher! I thought it was a funny coincedence that the game before that was called Street Fighter 2010 The Final Fight :D

Street Fighter 2 was later released in 91 and the rest is history.

JesseCrx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.