Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know which settings are best to adjust to get maximum efficiency on overall power.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
why? I wouldn't recommend VAFC hack because the minimal gains you see with it will be offset by the risk of damaging your engine. do some research and you'll see that it only alters the fuel map by altering the map signal which ecu compensate by advancing/retarding ignition timing. and then its the factory ecu that alters the fuel map not the VAFC.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*shrugs*
had it on my car the last 60K miles and had no problem.
i just want to know the best settings performance-wise.
so far, i only had it set to 4800rpm ***** engagement.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ThirdLane said:
why? I wouldn't recommend VAFC hack because the minimal gains you see with it will be offset by the risk of damaging your engine. do some research and you'll see that it only alters the fuel map by altering the map signal which ecu compensate by advancing/retarding ignition timing. and then its the factory ecu that alters the fuel map not the VAFC.
I agree!
First of all every car is different you cant just copy someone else settings and expect it to work for you. Second get rid your V-AFC and get an actual EMS. The AFC is just a useless piggyback system that indirectly messes with your timing and the unit is very limited compared to other systems you can save up for. It's not worth it unless you like to waste money. :hehe

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DSM JDM said:
I agree!
First of all every car is different you cant just copy someone else settings and expect it to work for you. Second get rid your V-AFC and get an actual EMS. The AFC is just a useless piggyback system that indirectly messes with your timing and the unit is very limited compared to other systems you can save up for. It's not worth it unless you like to waste money. :hehe
u are lame joe.
u already know what my car has and u know EMS doesn't work on auto tranny.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
vietboi_2001 said:
u are lame joe.
u already know what my car has and u know EMS doesn't work on auto tranny.

It won't work on auto tranny? Like many people have done going with Haltec EMS? Or Unichip?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
DSM JDM said:
I gave the guys over at GReddy a call, and they said that it would work but being that its an automatic its harder to tune. :bash
it is somewhat because of trying to keep it in one gear, but with the AV6, tuning in D3 should work. The problem is you want to tune from a low RPM to a high rpm, and if you get too low you will drop down a gear, too high it likes to shift to the next. It is more difficult, but not the end of the world.

·
Registered
156 Posts
illusion said:
it is somewhat because of trying to keep it in one gear, but with the AV6, tuning in D3 should work. The problem is you want to tune from a low RPM to a high rpm, and if you get too low you will drop down a gear, too high it likes to shift to the next. It is more difficult, but not the end of the world.
I think he better off tuning with the shifter on "2" because on D3 the tranny will go from 1st gear to third. But on "2" the tranny will keep it on 2nd gear from idle to red line (Well at least that how it was on my old Prelude). Making it more consistent to tune. Good Luck! :number1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.