Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an IP address that i want to find out what this persons name is?

pm me if you can

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
care to tell us for what purposes? :D

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I think the only way you could do that would be to talk to their ISP. And probably the only way you could get it out of them would be to serve them with a subpoena... which you probably don't want to do.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
uhm that website will tell you what company owns that ip block, not the name of the person that is using an ip address.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
There is a program, i told u to ask neldogg...
it lists everything about the ip. all the person's info. dont need to go through isp lol

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
there is no possible way to tell the information by someone's ip address unless they actually OWN the ip block and when they registered it they put in the correct contact info. Otherwise the only people that would have that information would be the ISP.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
then what is it called?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
BBs99 said:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/

at the very least it'll give you the isp.
Well if you run the IP whois query on that site you will get contact info for the controller of the IP. You would need to email that person to find the end user. Unless the IP you are looking at is a dedicated line.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
effingwin98 said:
www.superhonda.com - Stiren, Mike

www.ronronmx.com - Roncada, Stephane

www.pitracer.com - Kreps, John

those are just a few of the sites i visit, did a whois search and it told me their fucking name and who their website is hosted through
that's because they registered the website under their name right? do a whois on a website of a company that i do work for and you'll get my boss's name. doesn't mean she owns it... just means she registered it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
5genlude said:
There is a program, i told u to ask neldogg...
it lists everything about the ip. all the person's info. dont need to go through isp lol
The ONLY way to identify a person connected to an IP at any specific point in time would be to do a whois and get a court order to make the ISP give you they're logs. There is no :ninja way/software to get it.

Most all ISP IPs are dynamic anyway. (unless you pay more for a static block) You don't know if the same person has the same ip all the time. Again, the only way to get who had the ip at a specific point in time would be ISP logs.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
effingwin98 said:
www.superhonda.com - Stiren, Mike

www.ronronmx.com - Roncada, Stephane

www.pitracer.com - Kreps, John

those are just a few of the sites i visit, did a whois search and it told me their fucking name and who their website is hosted through
Hey genius, do you not know the difference between a domain name and an ip address? "Stiren, Mike" is who registered the domain, he doesn't own the ip address for superhonda.com, Everyones Internet, Inc does. Before you try to make someone look stupid and fail maybe you should do your research so you don't look like a moron, such as in this case. :bye

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
btw I googled Mike Stiren and there is nothing on him on the web, it is a fake name :D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
joeyl said:
btw I googled Mike Stiren and there is nothing on him on the web, it is a fake name :D

mike_sho who runs the site :confused

1 - 20 of 20 Posts