Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read all the past posts about installing gauge clusters and tachs between CX and SI's. I couldnt find the exact info I was looking for tho so...

I have a 2000 civic coupe special edition, which seems to be similar to a DX. For some reason my car didnt come with a tach, and I dont like the look of a big gawdy one bolted to my dash... My friend has a dash cluster in his old 2001 civic SI (written off). I know that they use diferent ECU's so Im wondering if I could just plug and play with his old dash. I checked out the wiring diagram and also called honda but neither was very helpfull. Both sorta led me to believe it wont work. So before I go tearing both out Im just wondering if anyone has tried this, and if anyone knows why they made a civic with a standard tranny with no tach?!
thx guys

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you read all the posts, then you would have realized that any 96-00 Civic guage cluster is interchangeable. Also, you should know that there was no 2001 Civic Si...you must mean 2000. So, just take out old guage cluster, put in new. There are two screws for the outer plastic piece and 2 clips on the bottom. Then four screws for the actual guage cluster and the connectors on back. Plug in new cluster and reinstall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx man.. I read alot or posts anyway.... they all seemed to be talking about the CX which came with a tach, so it would have the apropriate wiring to it. I wasnt sure if the SE has the necessary wires.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
gmusquiz said:
If you read all the posts, then you would have realized that any 96-00 Civic guage cluster is interchangeable. Also, you should know that there was no 2001 Civic Si...you must mean 2000. So, just take out old guage cluster, put in new. There are two screws for the outer plastic piece and 2 clips on the bottom. Then four screws for the actual guage cluster and the connectors on back. Plug in new cluster and reinstall.
by his user name he is from canada, and i believe our EX is their SI, so if you meant 2000 civic-canuck then you can interchange them

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks jayslide, Ya I think it is diferent in Canada... Altho Im not sure of the diferences. Our Si isnt Vtec. only the Sir or Sig I believe. I dont know if thats the same as the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts