Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just removed my 128mb ram and replaced it with a 256 mb ram

now at start up i get a PFN_list_corrupt error in the bios screen.

but it works fine with my old ram in it. lets hope its just a bad ram and not my computer rejecting it.

wtf is wrong with my shit i finally got my other issue figured out and now this

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
i just removed my 128mb ram and replaced it with a 256 mb ram

now at start up i get a PFN_list_corrupt error in the bios screen.

but it works fine with my old ram in it. lets hope its just a bad ram and not my computer rejecting it.

wtf is wrong with my shit i finally got my other issue figured out and now this
Yes, RAM can get ruined with static electricity. Make sure you touch a metal surface of the case before touching the RAM or other sensitive parts of the computer.

Check if the new RAM is compatible with your motherboard.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
upgrade to 256mb? :p jeez what kind of ancient puter are you using?

I just upgraded to 2gb.

Anyway a program like memtest86+ will tell you if it's bad ram. Also your motherboard may not support 256mb modules.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have no clue. i had a 128mb at first and now i bought a 256 and its going that. but works fine with the 128. no error screen. but my computer says it can go up to 256 max

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gurusan said:
upgrade to 256mb? :p jeez what kind of ancient puter are you using?

I just upgraded to 2gb.

Anyway a program like memtest86+ will tell you if it's bad ram. Also your motherboard may not support 256mb modules.
yea i havent done it. i bought it last night so im just gona exhancge it since im getting some other returns todays.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
What I'm getting at is that not all ram is created equal. I've got a stick of 256 that won't work in my mom's machine if I use her onboard video (works great if I don't use the onboard video). It gets the same pfn_list_corrupt and various other errors. I popped the ram in my machine and it works great. However it could also be a power issue on the 3.3v supply from the power supply. No real way to know without experimenting.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kommon_sense said:
What I'm getting at is that not all ram is created equal. I've got a stick of 256 that won't work in my mom's machine if I use her onboard video (works great if I don't use the onboard video). It gets the same pfn_list_corrupt and various other errors. I popped the ram in my machine and it works great. However it could also be a power issue on the 3.3v supply from the power supply. No real way to know without experimenting.
yea i bought the same one again and its fine.

did u see my other problem got fix when i put a different brand wireless adapter?

thanks for all the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.