Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've heard that the only way to get a 2.5" exhaust for a prelude is a custom job. however, i visited a shop today who insisted that thermal does offer a 2.5" system. in fact, they guaranteed it. :confused: why is it that everywhere i asked on the internet, at just about every other shop i've been to, they say there isn't a brand name 2.5" cat-back for a prelude, yet this one shop says there is? can anyone clear this up?

·
Registered
452 Posts
5th gen Thermal is 2.25" for their cat-back

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
why do u want 2.5? Imo u will loose power unless u are F/I or nitrous..........btw they don't make it for the prelude and i wouldn't get a thermal if u aren't NA

get a n1 or something more free flowing

http://www.thermalrd.com/products/classic.htm

i can get the best prices anywhere.........or my friend can so let me know......

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I got an N1...and like it....sounds good in my opinion.....also running a test pipe:)

so far everyone thinks it sounds the best out of any import around....with the test pipe in.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I got an N1...and like it....sounds good in my opinion.....also running a test pipe:)

so far everyone thinks it sounds the best out of any import around....with the test pipe in.
how big is your test pipe? I don't really like them b/c they are too unpredictable w/ the sound........my boy had a custom cat, which sounded sweet

·
Registered
124 Posts
everyone in my town likes my thermal they say it soinds the least ricey (coming from tgeh kids who have volkswagons and otgher german cars) so that i think shows that thermals sound the best

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my lude is supercharged which is why i'm lookin for a 2.5" system. and i'm not a fan of big tips like the n1. i know the n1 is one of the best for FI but it's loud and like i said, i really don't like the big tip on it. i'm lookin for somethin more low profile. are you guys sure coz i called a shop in indianapolis and they say the same thing, that TR&D does make a 2.5" cat-back. perhaps they just released a new system who knows.

actually, this is the first time i was told NOT to get a thermal. most of the people i talk to have recommended the thermal for sound, quality and performance.

97lude, why shouldn't i get the thermal if i'm not n/a assuming that they do make a 2.5" cat-back? jus wondering.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
DDR2 said:

97lude, why shouldn't i get the thermal if i'm not n/a assuming that they do make a 2.5" cat-back? jus wondering.
b/c they only make 2.25.......it's not a straight through design.........btw i have it........and love it.........

why not just buy the rear section and get 2.5 custom piping? or email thermal asking..........i can ask my boy if u want.......

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
97lude said:
b/c they only make 2.25.......it's not a straight through design.........btw i have it........and love it.........

why not just buy the rear section and get 2.5 custom piping? or email thermal asking..........i can ask my boy if u want.......
been there done that. they're kinda slow on responding. it's been over a week. i'm bout to call their asses. :mad: i don't understand why 2 different shops would tell me that TR&D makes a 2.5" system. and not that i don't believe any of you, but it just inconsistent if you ask me. maybe they're just tryin to make a sale but i've dealt with one shop many times before that we're on a first name basis now, so i'd hate to think he'd try to weasle me into a sale like that.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
DDR2 said:
been there done that. they're kinda slow on responding. it's been over a week. i'm bout to call their asses. :mad: i don't understand why 2 different shops would tell me that TR&D makes a 2.5" system. and not that i don't believe any of you, but it just inconsistent if you ask me. maybe they're just tryin to make a sale but i've dealt with one shop many times before that we're on a first name basis now, so i'd hate to think he'd try to weasle me into a sale like that.
i'll ask them.......

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
97lude said:
how big is your test pipe? I don't really like them b/c they are too unpredictable w/ the sound........my boy had a custom cat, which sounded sweet
2.25" test pipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.