Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i posted before, i hit someone from behind and now i need to replace my bumper and hood. but for right now i want to fix the hoodlatch, but since i never paid attention to it before, i cant tell if its crooked now or not... :confused obviously, the hood is hard to open and close now, even tho i know the hood is crooked itself now, i want to make sure that latch isnt either.

take a look at the pics and tell me if you guys think its crooked, its attached to the radiator supports and i dont want to start bending things if they aint crooked. thanks

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I think mine looks a little weird too. maybe thats just how they ae desgined. As long as you hood shuts strait id say its fine.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the thing is that the hood closes, but its a bitch to open back up, and even tho its closed pretty securely (as in you can pull on it and it wont open) there is still a little gap. and with a close inspection, you can see that there is a bend on the radiator support which the latch is bolted on to. i want to know if this is normal, or if this got bent in the accident. i can try to take some more pics tomorrow, the ones i took before are too dark to see down behond the bumper at the support im talking about.. but does anyone know from looking at their own car is there is supposed to be a bend on that support? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.