Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm new to this site, but i'm pretty impressed...but here's my question...

my next car will be a honda...i'm thinking 98 Honda Civic EX...and what i really want done is the "lamborghini" door conversion, where the doors go up rather than out...

has anyone done this to their car yet? how much does it cost? is it worth it? are there any draw backs?

·
Registered
804 Posts
search it in this forum and in the off topic forum. there have been TONS of topics about this. even are some websites in some of the posts of places that sell the conversion stuff and cars that have it done.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...i'll start looking...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
They do it at JT Auto down in LA. Not sure where you're from. Costs a grip though; $5,000 each door for manual and $8,000 each door for motorized:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
uhh there is a do it yourself kit that just came out....its in the new SCC or SS i think...$900 and they said its really easy to do. i might look into it myself

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm in Knoxville, TN...i'm like 3 hours from atlanta and an hour and a half from chattanooga...

i fucking hate this city...so i'm still looking...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've seen the bolt on kit, which requires no cutting or welding for around 1500. I know for a fact it's at www.asylumms.com and If you look in a couple Super Street Issues a while back it also has the website to the company that made the kit. I'm too lazt to look though. :p

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm quite sure i saw it somewhere for under 900 bucks...like 400, i think....i don't want to go all the way and have it motorized...just so they do the butterfly action...no doubt

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It shouldnt be that hard to make, all you need is a couple a hinges and strong enough cylinder air pump doo hickey and a brace to hold it away from the car when you open it. If there were clear pictures on it or if you saw it in person it should be easy to duplicate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
These aren't easy to duplicate. I am a distributer for decah. The kits aren't even out yet. You can place orders but you won't get them for a while. Asylumms dosn't even have them yet, they are just taking orders. And yes retail is 1599.00. These are the best on the market. Even if you paid 8000 for a conversion you couldn't get em as good as these.

·
Registered
359 Posts
looking at the pics on decah.net, it looks as tho you'd have to duck your head every time you get outta your car. I could just imagine all the passenger's headaches when they forget to duck. I dunno. Doesnt seem very... umm... practical.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts