Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, has anyone taken care of the door dings in their ludes?

i have so many, and they keep looking uglier and uglier. not to mention some jackass scraped my pass. door before i bought it.

if you have taken care of this yourself, how did you do it, and how long did it take you? and what about the touch-up paint?

thanks...

· Registered
1,688 Posts
if you can take apart your door panels...and if the ding is right where it can be reached...u take a average size nail...the tip should be about the thickness of a toothpick's shaft...pound the ding right dead center with the hammer and it should pop out...other than that u need to go to a body shop

· Registered
2,092 Posts
forget touch up paint, ill have a pro do my body work...i really dont trust myself with it. but how much would it cost? my rear bumper is all full of scratches and cracked paint...

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Murdah One said:
if you can take apart your door panels...and if the ding is right where it can be reached...u take a average size nail...the tip should be about the thickness of a toothpick's shaft...pound the ding right dead center with the hammer and it should pop out...other than that u need to go to a body shop
when i do this, will any paint flake off?

also, when applying any touch up paint, whats the best way to blend it in (not making it so obvious)?

i plan on repainting my car when i get my kit, so thats why i don't care so much about perfection...:D

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Lucke said:

when i do this, will any paint flake off?

also, when applying any touch up paint, whats the best way to blend it in (not making it so obvious)?

i plan on repainting my car when i get my kit, so thats why i don't care so much about perfection...:D

nah....OEM paint is very strong...but if you're gonna get a kit and repaint the whole car....the shop will charge u for plugging up those dings....so learn to patch it up using Bondo before u take it there...save money...

· Registered
77 Posts
I heard if u get one of those compresed air things,,u know the thing u dust the computer and shit off with, and hold it upside down while u spray the cold air will pop the dings out....ive never tried this so i dunno:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.