Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people my dad was reveirsing out of the drive way and he say the door sung open and hit a rock. and now my door dosnt close with out bending the other panel (drivers side next to the hood) and if it dose close u cant open it with out f***ing up the panel from the other way what can i do to the hinges so theres more of a gap so i can close and open it with out making more damage on the other panel please help!

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
from what it sounds like it is "sticking" on the fender, you may have to replace the hinges, if they got messed up, there is not really any good way to fix them, just replace em from a junkyard set... does the door stay closed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah its hitting the fender the door stays closed cause theres no gap between the door and the fender so if u open it damages the door more
the way i started to fix it is take the fender off with the screws under the hood and under the car that gave me the access to the hinges im just trying to look for hinges now cant find any :( there not many honda preludes in darwin australia i got a freind to look at them he said hell see if he can fix the hinges for me (his a panal beater) so yeah hopefully that will work that for ur help people :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, this happened to my integra. We had to get a new door with hinges and such and replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts