Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 4 new door panels to put on my 93 civic 4door and when i removed the drivers door panel, took everything off, put the new panel on, hooked the door handle back up and now the door doesnt open. i pulled on the rods that go to the door handle, but nothing happens? anyone have any idea what i should do?

also, when i go to tackle the other doors, is there a way that i dont have to undo the door handle from the rods? that part is a bitch and i dont want to break the clips on it.

any help would be great. also, the door is closed right now so i dont know how to open it. i dont know what fucked up, but something aint right. please help

·
Registered
882 Posts
wow dude... i just took the door panel off my dads 89 ford f150 to fix the window (wouldnt go up) and nothing like that happened to me. I think u may have hooked it back up wrong. You said the door wont open right? if not, if you dont have enough room, id suggest taking your seats out and taking the panel back off. ill try and find some info and possibly help you out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, the panel is already back off the door. everything is off of it. i reach into the door and pull the rods that connect to the interior door handle and they just move, door doesnt open. i dont know what the hell came undone, but i cant figure it out

·
Registered
882 Posts
take a pic of it and let me look at it, so i can get a better idea of what may be the problem. and if you cant take a pic, ill try and find one on the net of the door with the panel off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my camera got smashed in a rage i had a few days ago, so no pics on this end. if you can find something, that be great. thanks for the help. never had this problem before, did panels on my 92 camaro, on my old mustang, even my moms mystique, not a problem, this car is just a pain in my ass. has no power on the door, so it should be easy....wrong.

·
Registered
882 Posts
what year is your car? because it may have been a weak wire and it may have broke when u were removing the panel and all that.

·
Registered
882 Posts
idk what it could be thats weak but something with the system is broken. are there no wires? like steal wires/rods? check em all and all the places they link to, and see if its broken anywhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, from what i can remember there are 2 metal rods that i can see. one comes down from the door lock and the other goes to where the latch is.

·
Registered
882 Posts
well just check those rods and make sure they are all connected to something, and are working properly... im going to bed so ill get back to ya in the afternoon(workin a while outside)

·
Registered
518 Posts
im thinking you got the wires on wrong, or something poped off, one of those clip things, "i hate those".ide just keep the window down and dukes of hazzard style it. lol jk, i really dont know wat to say except check all the wires

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright. first i just want to say i'm a dumb fuck. second i think i fixed the door problem(i got all 4 panels on the doors and the car looks so much better its not even funny).thing with the drivers door is, i crawled thru the passenger side, damn near got raped by the shifter, and sat in the drivers seat. started looking inside the door, and i put my hand on the top and just for the hell of it, i pulled up on the door lock rod, and what do you know? it unlocked and the door opened up perfectly. wtf? i must be seriously messed up or something. but as of now, i do have a real problem. the door will not lock or unlock unless you move the inside door handle a little bit. i pushed down on the lock as hard as i can, doesnt lock. worked fine before i put the panel on, now its on and it does that. door works fine, though. just some silly shit going on i guess.
well now all i need to do is rip that frelling hood latch and cable out of the car, let god be on my side for trying to get the trunk to actually close, and get myself a motor/trans. yeehaw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts