Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger door lock is broken, had my car like 7 months and its been like that. My key won't unlock/lock the door and i was wondering if i needed a new door lock, or can that one be replaced¿ i think that my car has been in an accident or something bcuz when i slide the passenger window down, it unlocks that door. what to do¿

·
Registered
152 Posts
the same thing is happening to my teg but with the D/S door.my passanger door locks just fine, but i can't use my key to unlock the D/S door from the outside. and sometimes when i unlock both doors it relocks itself again before i can get to the handle. I struggle everytime i try to open my D/S door. and THATS THE MAIN DOOR! dammit =\

what could the problem be?

·
Registered
20 Posts
this happened to me too only about 3 months ago. Basically there is a pin and spring assembly inside the door that wears out over time due to locking and unlocking the door....It's called a Lock Actuator Assembly. it's the white piece of plastic that's inside the door where the latch on the body connects. The real kicker is that the Acura dealer fixed it and the damn labor was more then the part itself. But is was worth it, no more climbing through the passenger side!!!! Don't quote me on this but i think it was around $175 to for the repair. hope this helps.

·
Registered
387 Posts
your right on the money jv

hey jvintegra your right on the money . shit happen to me to on my integra. i took mine to the dealership and it was the same thing and about the same price. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts