Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to change out my stock speakers in the doors. i have an 01 civic ex and i cant figure out how to take the panels off. can someone help me. im sure there was a post on this but i cant find any. please help. thanks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I'm not sure exactly how to do it on your car, but I can tell how it is done on my GSR. I have to take the door handle surround off with a screw holding it in place along with the door handle cup, which also haws a screw holding it in. Next, I have to take a prybar or something that is slim, flat, and strong, and care fully pry at one end of the door panel. I start at the corner and pop it off the then slide my hand around a carefully pop the rest. Disconnect all the wiring and the panel should slide off, at least it does for my car.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
theres also the door latch, unscrew it and slide the forward to loosen it. then carfully unhook the rod from the door latch with a pick. most cars are like this but im not sure if the 01 civic is like this though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Ragnarok043 said:
theres also the door latch, unscrew it and slide the forward to loosen it. then carfully unhook the rod from the door latch with a pick. most cars are like this but im not sure if the 01 civic is like this though.
Mine doesn't do this, once you take out the surrounding piece, the inside handle stays on the door and the panel will come off around it.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
hxccalinip said:
ok i got the door panel off. now how does the stock speaker come off?
my car (98 civic) has the grille over the speaker, which pops right out, without taking off the door panel, so i dont know if maybe you went too far, but im sure you can do it with the panel off anyway...but aren't there just a couple screws holding the speaker in and then the plug

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
theres a horse shoe retaining clip holding the handle. pry the handle slightly to see which way the retain clip is facing and pop it out with an angle pick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.