Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 88 rex door and it won't fit my 89 crx dx right. Anyone have any ideas to make if fit?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
go out and buy an 88' CRX that comes with 2 doors and glue this one to the roof while eating pinecones and peanut butter and wood davers

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
ur right I am sorry I would suggest looking up the online manual for the CRX and going from there I am sure it will explain in there the removal/installation of the doors.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny :confused . I know how to install a door. I think there is a difference in the doors mine has the seat belts connected to the door and the other doesn't. I put it on and it doesn't click a second time when it latches. and the trim doesn't match exactly. anyone know if i can make this fit?

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
nycehonda said:
Funny :confused . I know how to install a door. I think there is a difference in the doors mine has the seat belts connected to the door and the other doesn't. I put it on and it doesn't click a second time when it latches. and the trim doesn't match exactly. anyone know if i can make this fit?
I dunno if you can then...

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Anythings possible. Do you have the necessary tools to work w metal like that? You will prob need to cut and weld and fab that door on there. Its possible for sures

·
Registered
268 Posts
The 88 door will not fit. It is a totally different door...not only the seatbelt mounting but I believe the lengths are different. Same thing happened to me when I unknowingly bought an 88 regulator for my 90. The 88 is 2 inches longer than my stock 90. The seller gave me my money back though...maybe the guy who sold you yours will do the same because I think in order to get it to fit (if there is any way in hell), it would more work than it's worth.

If that doesn't work,...just get like 2 fat rolls of ducktape. Duck tape around your car so the door is supported and just climb in and out of your window - Dukes of Hazard style! YEEEEHAAWWW!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get the door to close but not latch completly. But i am kinda pissed because I thought 88's and 89's were interchangable :confused

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i did some minor modifying and make the door fit i had to use my drill press and modify the latch and i had to shim the hinges, but it closes better than my other door. I am going to go get the other door now and make that one work so i have matching doors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts