Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I would like to know if the check engine light is turned on, would my vtec kick on or I have to turn the Check engine off in order for it to activate

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I think a lot of that might depend on why the CEL is on in the first place. Try resetting the ECU to see if that'll make the light go away. If your CEL is on and you'd like to see if VTEC still kicks in, give it a try. But seriously, find out why the light is on first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jai, thank you for your reply and Ill try to check the cel, if not Ill set up my ecu agian, thanx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jai si said:
I think a lot of that might depend on why the CEL is on in the first place. Try resetting the ECU to see if that'll make the light go away. If your CEL is on and you'd like to see if VTEC still kicks in, give it a try. But seriously, find out why the light is on first.
Thank you for your reply:)

·
Registered
801 Posts
jai si i am not getting "new post" emails from sho either? anyone know why?

about your CEL some codes will not allow vtec to kick in and others will, the more serious codes stop vtec from kicking in and usually lower the rev limit to try to stop any damage from happening to the motor. If you still have vtec then its probably something minor but get it worked out anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SFF900 said:
jai si i am not getting "new post" emails from sho either? anyone know why?

about your CEL some codes will not allow vtec to kick in and others will, the more serious codes stop vtec from kicking in and usually lower the rev limit to try to stop any damage from happening to the motor. If you still have vtec then its probably something minor but get it worked out anyway.
Thanks SFF900 for your reply, Ill check on the codes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts