Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recomend, if you like to down load and keep all the videos here, to go get Download Accelerator Plus. I never have trouble getting files that many of you cant get because of dead link (which mostly only means the web server is down).

Been using it for 3 years. Best Transfer rate was 800-900 kbs Avg for me is 200 kbs even on sites that ping 400+

www.speedbit.com

· Registered
14,553 Posts
does this go for people with cable/dsl or 56k users.

cuz i just downloaded it and its not helping my cable connection:confused:

· Registered
4,607 Posts
i have had it for a couple years on my 56k at home. it worked good.
im on a t3 here in school and i dont think it helps. it actually seems to complicate some issues.....but i still leave on for some reason.
it does help so u can resume downloads faster saves time on slower connections.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok to fix this best... (i should have posted this, for it makes it work best =p)

Open it up and click Downloads, then options. Click Connections on the left. Tell it you have 56k or Cable/DSL what ever you have.

IMPORTANT: Choose Super Acceleration Speed and put in your state/country. This will let you open up to 7 ports for 1 file. If your download speed is 100kps, then the real speed is about 700kps (sometimes this math works, other times on some servers you seem to just download at 100kps)

Other nice things about this program, it lets you down load many movie types that will only run in IE. Also if a website trys to download files with out you knowing it stops this because you can choose to download it or not. (like spyware and virus, it stoped 2 virus for me)

Any other questions let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.