Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A DRAG GEN 4 KIT ON MY B18C1 IN A 99 CIVIC EX. TODAY I WENT TO HAVE IT DYNO'D AND DISCOVERED THAT IT WAS RUNNIG LEAN AT THE TOP END, SO WE UPED THE FUEL PRESSURE WITH THE ADJUSTABLE REGULATOR AND PICKED UP 2 FT LBS AND 7 HP. THE A/F STILL WASNT PERFECT, SO I TOLD THEM THAT I WOULD GET AN SAFC AND COME BACK. WELL, WHEN I GOT HOME I DECIDED TO TURN THE REGULATOR ONE MORE TURN AND WHEN I STARTED THE CAR IT WAS IDLING WIERD AND THE IN LINE PUMP WASNT MAKING IT USUAL NOISE SO LONG STORY SHORT I FOUND THAT BY UPING THE FUEL PRESSURE IT ULIMATLY STALLED THE FUEL PUMP. AS I BACK OFF THE FUEL PRESS. YOU CAN AUDIBLY HEAR THE FUEL PUMP GET LOUDER. SHOULD I BUMP UP THE FUEL PRESSURE AS HIGH AS I CAN BEFORE THE PUMP FAILS OR BRING IT DOWN AND LOSE THE POWER I GAINED AND RISK RUNNING LEAN?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
what kind of a pump do you have?
what injectors?
how much hp/tq did u put down?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
well i've read few ads for the drag3 kit and all i see listed for a fuel pump is only "High flow performance fuel pump". that doesnt mean anything without some numbers.

i've also read that "Drag Gen III will add up to 60 HP to your car using pupmp fuel". now you said you've dynoed 256.18 whp, thats way over their 60hp improvement. that might have something to do with it. you might be pushing the limits of that fuel pump or if thats not the problem i'm sure the injectors are at their limits.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there realy is no "problem" my question pertaons to which decision do i make. work the fuel pump harder and gain power and bring the a/f closer to ideal or turn it down and lose power as well as running the risk of going lean. I am in the process of getting a safc to get the a/f under control, but i'm not sure what to do until then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a different problem with the inline fuil pump... i have a walbro 255 inline pump for my revhard setup, when we first install it, it work fine but after a while it would give me bad idle ( like around 3-4 grand) also when i turn off the car it would not start. sparks was flooded with gas, but it would start 3 hours later. i took the inline pump off and i also took the fmu out and it would start fine. i am going to get a intank pump. i don't know if that was much of help to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.