Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 integra ls with a AEM cai Greddy evo cat back and a 75 shot of ZEX my best time so far at the track is a [email protected] on stock rubber run at Bristol TN. I have to regulate the throttle in first gear to keep it from ignitting the tires. second gear scratches for about 8 feet. My question is. How much would slicks help my time and with my pretty mild setup would they be worth it?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
get drag radials... you dont need slicks... imo, you need slicks when running better than 13.5 e.t's... just go for either the nitto 555r's or the yokohama advan's

·
Registered
317 Posts
Judging by how many shots of NOS you are using you won't have to worry about any new tires. You might want to start looking into a new motor. Assuming you have a stock block and internals still.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think 75 shot of nitrous is pretty safe. Many people rn that size nitrous anyways. I have even heard of 100 shot of nitrous but on a very tuned down stock motor.

Anyways, the Yok Advan's aren't Drag tires. To my understanding (Yok fan), they don't even make drag tires. Only auto_X tires. Difference is striaght line and turning.

But the Nitto 555R is a drag tire and so is the BFG T/A g-force Drag radials.

Slicks to my understanding require's an inner tube, which I wouldn't want to spend extra $$$ for if I'm not even going past 12's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
IdLeSnAkE said:
Judging by how many shots of NOS you are using you won't have to worry about any new tires. You might want to start looking into a new motor. Assuming you have a stock block and internals still.
He is just using ONE shot of NITROUS from a ZEX kit using 75 hp nozzles. Ive even seen people use a 125 shot of nitrous on a LS with stock internals with retarded ignition and colder spark plugs. I know 2 guys with civics w/ 1.6sohc vtec engines that run a 100 shot. As long as you use it responsibly, a 75 shot is perfectly reliable, and with that much wheel spin, slicks might seriously cut down your total ET.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
like i was saying aobut the yokohama drag tires... i heard they are better... this guy i know in a fwd talon turbo is pulling 1.74 60' times with these... he couldnt do it with the 555r's... also with the nitto's, theres sort of a "break-in" period that many drivers just get sick of and opt to return their tires....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.