Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..jsut wodering if any of u have a drag turbo kits installed...i'm thinkin about gettin one pretty soon but i need some input on how well they perform....i heard that u have to cut some shit in ur engine bay or off ur block or some shit...anyone know if this is true??? if so..what do u have to cut??? if anyone has one installed tell me about it..how it performs and what u think of it etc..

thanks
dan

· Registered
903 Posts
only go for the drag gen III!! the gen II model sux!! too much custom fabrication and i totally dont recommend it.. but as for the gen III they put it together nicely and they say it makes 280 hp at the wheels which is very believeable..

· Registered
1,688 Posts
RudeLude said:
do the gen 3's require any fabrication??? what do u guys think of them compared to f-max's kit???
dan

this is for the GSR..i could not find one for the lude....but with the lude you are making

the H22A gets 280 at Redline...as u can see the powercurve is impressive...unlike drag, you have power down low....and if you can a way to discharge the wastegate into the atmosphere without the local law enforcement being on your ass...u get 40 plus more HP and 25 lbs feet of torque

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know about fmax....but what i'm tryint o find out is if the drag requires any fabrication...i would get the fmax, but its kinda pricy and i dont like the setup with the two extra injectors...i rather go with changing the four main injectors with bigger ones...but i wanna find out about the drag cuz i would be able to change the injectors from the start..without fabricating anything for it...

dan

· Registered
41 Posts
I just installed my Drag gen 2 kit couple weeks ago. You will require to trim the bumper support , and the inside of the bumper to fit the IC pipings. Also, 1 of IC pipes is too long, you too have to cut it. You need to relocate the power steering cooler to the back of the of the metal bar.

For some reason my downpipe doesn't fit that well, so I had to cut it and rewelded it. However, i am the only one with this problem..... wierd. :mad:

I don't know if gen 3 is out yet. Some say it's out. When I look at their setup, it looks just like gen2. The ic pipings, the manifold, the Dp all look the same.

I haven't get it tuned it, so it runs like shit now. Hopefully, I will get it tuned on March 1st. BTW, I am using 550cc, Hondata 2b, and walbro 255lph fuel pupm, instead of FUM and inline fuel pump.

· Registered
903 Posts
Murdah One said:

this is for the GSR..i could not find one for the lude....but with the lude you are making

the H22A gets 280 at Redline...as u can see the powercurve is impressive...unlike drag, you have power down low....and if you can a way to discharge the wastegate into the atmosphere without the local law enforcement being on your ass...u get 40 plus more HP and 25 lbs feet of torque
that graph you were using was cmparing it to the gen II kit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.