Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try it yet?
i didnt have gt3 so i dont know much about ajusting the settings for drifting besides the camber

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
you have to set alot more than camber to get a right setting to drift. Its pretty cool to drift in GT4 though, GT3 was easier. Get FR or MR car even a AWD car and shift the weight (for what I think) for a easy drift. Of course there are other techniques you could use too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
its alot harder to really drift well in gt4.. compared to gt3... you could almost drift anything.. i'm still playing with the ballast and stuff to hopefully make the cars more controllable during the drifts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I bought the s-15 Nob Genki drift car....needless to say for 200,000 is the biggest pos i have ever driven. No one way/lsd installed. Low end ass turbo. And better yet IT DOESNT DRIFT. Im sure with a little work i can make it drift but i thought out of the box it would be a animal...i was wrong. :bh

·
Registered
941 Posts
It is way too hard to maintain a drift in gt4...even with my previous drift setups from gt3, it won't work well in gt4.

It's all about getting it to snap if you're doing faint type drifting, or if you're powersliding u have to have shitty rear tires just to break loose in moderately powered cars (like the D1 GP rx7)

My setups usually have more rear bias, slighty higher rates out back, toe out in back, rebound is 1 softer than compression out back, rear sway is set the same as the front. If it really sucks then a compound or two harder in the rear, but that rarely happens unless it has 2hp...all that and I can't hold a drift for the life of me

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone tried putting shitty economy tires in the back or somthing?, i dunno that might work?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
what seems to work for me is that you have to turn the understeer and oversteer all the way to zero, and take the traction control off. Super hard tires, and lotsa HP. And set your sway bars as hard as they'll go.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i got the silvia to drift on stock tires with no traction control and a stage 2 turbo but it wasnt a very controlled drift at all. In fact.. i was surprised when i managed to drive out of the drift i took a pic of.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I was able to drift in the MGF on one of the IB test. It was the first turn and came out pretty well even though I wasn't try to haha

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What's a good car to drift? I've been using a BMW 330i on drift settings at the moment, and it's semi okay. I've gotten it to drift around hair pins a few times, but usually I spin out of control.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've been using the S15 and S13- I've had some okay luck with both of them but ya I end up spinning out towards the end. I've heard that if you only use 200 degrees rotation it makes it alot easier, anyone know how to change the wheel from 900 to 200?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taikonaut said:
I've been using the S15 and S13- I've had some okay luck with both of them but ya I end up spinning out towards the end. I've heard that if you only use 200 degrees rotation it makes it alot easier, anyone know how to change the wheel from 900 to 200?
in options they have settings for the wheel

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ive been trying all diffrent types of setups and nothing seems to be working :(

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
nfscg said:
ive been trying all diffrent types of setups and nothing seems to be working :(
ok, buy the ruf yellow bird, any kind of medium tires, and your good. turn off tcm and acs, and its a drifter

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi-TeK JZA70 said:
ok, buy the ruf yellow bird, any kind of medium tires, and your good. turn off tcm and acs, and its a drifter
damn, i had that car but i sold it :bh

1 - 20 of 27 Posts