Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading an add for a supercharger ( forgot what brand) and it said something like buy our supercharger so you don't have the lag of a turbo, the hastle of nitrous or the driveability problems of all-motor mods.

What driveability problems would you have with all-motor mods.

I though all-motor was the simplest and most reliable way to go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Reliable isnt the same as streetable. If you want to make big power on a small 4 cyl NA motor, you have to have high revs. That means lots of headwork and big ass cams. Those big ass cams will get you high power at 7k rpms, but shitty low end and idle, which is what you need for regular street driving. You cant just rev 7-10k all day on the street. With an all-out high horsepower NA build, the car wont run well at low RPMs. You could do a less agressive cam and valve porting, but then you wont make even close to what you would forced induction and it would probably be better to just save up a little more money and go FI anyways.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
B16AHatch said:
Reliable isnt the same as streetable. If you want to make big power on a small 4 cyl NA motor, you have to have high revs. That means lots of headwork and big ass cams. Those big ass cams will get you high power at 7k rpms, but shitty low end and idle, which is what you need for regular street driving. You cant just rev 7-10k all day on the street. With an all-out high horsepower NA build, the car wont run well at low RPMs. You could do a less agressive cam and valve porting, but then you wont make even close to what you would forced induction and it would probably be better to just save up a little more money and go FI anyways.
Im learning this now, the convenience goes out the door when you build all motor. I want my stock b16 back now.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts