Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for the LEO's here:

My PA driver's license expired on Jan. 31st of this year. I did not realize this until maybe a week ago (long story short: PennDOT is supposed to send me a "Invitation for Renewal" 3 months prior to my license expiring, but they never did, so I completely forgot about my license expiring). The second I realized my license was expired, I went online and printed out the form, wrote a check and sent in the form that day. I'm supposed to be leaving for a roadtrip from PA to FL this Sunday (March 1st). There is a possibility that I will not get the camera card in the mail from PennDOT before Saturday (which is the last day I can get my license renewed before I leave), what kind of consequences will I be looking at if I do happen to make the drive from PA to FL and happen to get pulled over with an expired license? My only concern is that the PD will not let me continue to drive on an expired D/L if I get pulled over. Is it just a simple ticket and you're on your way, or do they tow/make somebody drive the vehicle?

And no, nobody can drive the vehicle for me. It will be my g/f and I and the car is stick, and she can't drive stick.

Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
from what i have seen, and i am not a cop, if you sent all you needed, they should be able to look it up, but id call your DOT or DMV first, but none the less drive safe. btw why are you on the honda acura site, when you have real american power at your disposal

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
well they should be able to check the system and make sure it was renewed. either way if you get pulled over just tell the story and be done with it. but you shouldn't be doing anything to get pulled over anyways right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I definitely plan on driving extra safe (10 over max on the HWY's), but being as I wont even have a metal plate, and just an out-of-state temp tag in the window, I'll probably be a moving target...

I called the DOT today and they said they mailed my camera card out today. So now it's just a race against time so I can get it before Saturday @ noon.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
dude I just bought a car a couple weeks ago. I drove into another city with a shit load of cops even went up to the court house with no tag. I even had a cop come up behind me I moved into the right lane and he kept on driving. I had no tag and he did nothing. if you drive ok and the temp is in the window the cops are not gonna bother you

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
you'll be fine..As long as DMV/DOt recieved your payment and they inputted it int he system.>If you get stopped give them the D/L you have and explain that you are waiting ont he new one in the mail..the officer will look your info up in the system and it will show a current D/L..

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
If you paid electronically there should have been an online receipt for you to print as some proof towards payment.

Otherwise if you just printed the form and mailed it in, I would have hoped you took a photocopy of the form and your check. If you can go online w/ your bank and get a copy of the cashed check and print that info. out, I think you'd be way A-OK.

IMHO, even if the po-po peeps have computers, it's nice to show some effort on your end to prove your intentions in complying with the law. Assuming your a male, then crying and showing some extra skin ain't gonna do you a lot of good in this situation.:p

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
you'll be fine..As long as DMV/DOt recieved your payment and they inputted it int he system.>If you get stopped give them the D/L you have and explain that you are waiting ont he new one in the mail..the officer will look your info up in the system and it will show a current D/L..
this.
If you paid electronically there should have been an online receipt for you to print as some proof towards payment.

Otherwise if you just printed the form and mailed it in, I would have hoped you took a photocopy of the form and your check. If you can go online w/ your bank and get a copy of the cashed check and print that info. out, I think you'd be way A-OK.

IMHO, even if the po-po peeps have computers, it's nice to show some effort on your end to prove your intentions in complying with the law. Assuming your a male, then crying and showing some extra skin ain't gonna do you a lot of good in this situation.:p
and this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.