Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 prelude si and the drivers side door just will not open its almsot as though the locking or lacking mechinisim is stuck and the door panal is off enough for me to check the rods and they still seemd to b attached and i was woundering if anyone knew a way to remove the latch,door,or just open it in such a case.

thx for your time and knowldge

·
Registered
665 Posts
its prolly the plastic piece in the door handle/lock assembly. mine got stuck and i took it to honda when i got my oil changed and they fixed it for free. i think its a quick procedire. you could prolly do it urself by unscrewing the one bbolt on the door and using a flat head to get down and pop the inside panel of the oodr off. good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx i need to call or visit the delearship anyways to get my stereo code (removing these stereos sucks btw) now that i have the serial number so ill ask a tch about how u get the lock or latch to release manualy

when i inspected it close the lock makes a sound like it trys to unlock cant and relocks

damn the door this climbing over the ebrake is getting old and its far to cool do do it dukes of hazard style through the window :)

p.s. sry bout my spellin im tired and to lazy to fix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.