Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Its been raining like hell here in Guatemala almost everyday and the streets tend to fill up with rivers of rain.
Today I noticed that on the drivers side where I put my feet, the floor mat and the rug underneath were wet as hell. The entire car is dry including the trunk.
I noticed however that the rug on my side is dry where the pedals are, underneath my seat, where it attaches to the door railing, and next to the foot rest. But its wet right smack in the middle. This happened recently it wasn't like this about a week ago and a half ago.
Is the water coming in from underneath the car or what?
Am I missing a plug or something?
Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
does it happen when you hit the gas hard when the ac is on. maybe the drain hose for the ac is plugged. go underneath the car find the hose see if something is in it

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
get someone to hose down ur car and be inside and see where its comming from usually its from the lower window...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey I got the same problem.....BUT on the passenger side........any suggestions?

It's like someone dumped a cup of water on it......but I don't see where it's coming from.

If you need to know how much water is there....enough that if you smack the carpet the water splashes underneath.

I've used the shop-vac and it's back again.

·
Registered
385 Posts
"BootZ" is right, the drain hose is not sucking out the water.... it happens to mine 92 accord that i had before... i took it to the dealer and the fixed it for me....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice "BootZ" and JTEVO2Accord.
Where can I find this drain hose?
On what side of the car?
JTEVO2Accord, was yours clogged up, torn or something?
However, I have'nt been driving around with the A/C on. Does this drain hose only work with the AC turned on?
Unlike XxACCORD94JxX my problem is from the drivers side.
Does anyone have a picture?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
513 Posts
And can I fix this problem myself???? or should i take it to someone...also How much??

And since mine is on the passenger side it could be the same problem since mine is a 94 accord

·
Registered
113 Posts
drain hose... isn't that usually on the passenger side of the vehicle?? Also, my question is that if it was the drain hose for the AC, wouldn't it leak outside the car and not upward into the car?? I am having this problem in my civic on the passenger side, but.. it's been raining like cats and dogs due to tropical storms and stuff... I NEVER drive with the ac on and my heater core is not leaking, windows and everything are sealed tight, went through a car wash and had no leaking, but where the water is... there is a gap (kinda) in the jute underneath the carpet, almost a big indention, so I am wondering if there is some kind of hole or otherwise underbody of the vehicle???

·
Registered
385 Posts
jalfaro, mine was just clogged up... the dealer drain it out for me.. and it was all fixed no charge... i think the dealer warrenty that too, i'm not too sure...

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah i am stckin with the drain hose. it should be towards the front passenger side behind the wheel. you should buy a Haynes manual and it will explain what to do in there. you should have one anyways when doing any modifications to the car

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good morning.
This weekend I went to a service station and lifted the car up to get underneath.
I walked underneath the car and found that the drain hose was fine. There was no dirt or anything clogging it up.
Then I went over to the driver side of the car and looked at the bottom of the area where it was wet and found no holes where possibly the water would be able to enter.
I was not able to lift the rug up and see but I'll do it this weekend.
HERE IS THE KEY.
The edge of the rug was kind of wet again this morning.
It was dry last night when I parked the car in the driveway.
It rained very early in the morning and when I woke up to warm up the engine the edge of the rug was humid.
So I guess there is a seam open or something on the bottom edge of the door jamb. The water seems to be filtering in from somewhere. Not the bottom.

·
Registered
513 Posts
jalfaro said:
Good morning.
This weekend I went to a service station and lifted the car up to get underneath.
I walked underneath the car and found that the drain hose was fine. There was no dirt or anything clogging it up.
Then I went over to the driver side of the car and looked at the bottom of the area where it was wet and found no holes where possibly the water would be able to enter.
I was not able to lift the rug up and see but I'll do it this weekend.
HERE IS THE KEY.
The edge of the rug was kind of wet again this morning.
It was dry last night when I parked the car in the driveway.
It rained very early in the morning and when I woke up to warm up the engine the edge of the rug was humid.
So I guess there is a seam open or something on the bottom edge of the door jamb. The water seems to be filtering in from somewhere. Not the bottom.

Thanks for your input, it should help us all out a lil more to figuring out the problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interestingly enough, when i want it to rain it wont rain so i can visually inspect for leaks under the carpeting in the car. I have the same problem only under the passenger side dead in the CENTER of the carpet, and absolutely no where else. drain hose is not plugged or clogged, it is well in working condition, heater core is fine as well.... AC return is in good order and not wet, seams on the sides of the doorpanels/etc are sealed properly, I know that because I hosed the side of the car with water and checked for any leaking, strangely it's only when it rains or at least when i drive in the rain... is there a hole plug or something in the firewall on the passenger side taht could possibly be leaking?? also... the bottom body of teh car seems to be in good shape as well... i couldnt see any holes except for drilled flex holes in the frame supports of the vehicle but they are all around the car... i dunno.. the mystery continues.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
phmracing and XxACCORD94JxX

I think our problem will be somekind of plug on the firewall or underneath the cars side skirts or body molding. The same thing happens to me...Only when it rains!!!
Probably underneath the rug where the door panel is located.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Make sure to check the door seals. I had a leak in a prelude I used to have. It was not visible, even with the door open and looking at the seals. But when it would rain, especially with the car sitting still, water would "seep" from a small wrinkle in the seal at the top of the door, run down the end of the door, and down into the rear floor board. It was almost impossible to see, because it wasn't a drip. It was just like a thin film of water. And it was very slow.

Just another possibility.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why dont you try hosing down your driver side and ask someone to seat inside and know where the water is coming from.

As for my opinion, I dont think their just door sills. Check your chasis weather strip. Rain or water usually run in those things wid just a little crack. Then... the water rushes down to your dash then it runs down near the floor mat. All of these are just assumptions though.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys.
This weekend I took the car to the mechanic to see where the water was coming from.
To make a long stroy short...the leak was coming from a crake in the firewall. Near the driver side door.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts