Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in an earlier thread people discussed swapping a del sol drivetrain with the awd out of a wrx...

a del sol is about the same size as a miata, so could we do a rwd swap with a miata drivetrain? has this been tried? my project list includes an integra made either awd or rwd and a del sol either awd or rwd... we did it on an mx-6... is this possible? i know its probly not worth the money, but its one of those nutty things i want to do anyway, because i enjoy frustration and :bh ......

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I seen a write up in Honda Tuning, they made an AWD Integra using a CRV Tranny and rear dif. all custom mounted, im sure it would work the same in a sol, actually didnt look like it would be to hard if you are any good at fabricating and welding...not sure if thats what your looking for but just popped into my head. :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
um NO

the engines are situated in a completle different fashion. unless you have the engine turned so the timing belts face the front of the car, no adapter will work.

i think using crv parts would be easier....

just get a custom drive shaft, and chop your trunk up and mount it all in.

a crx had it done with dsm parts

the supercharged pro-rally integra i think used the ultra rare integra zx (sohc awd) parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.