Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago my idle pulley for the A/C belt came loose and fell to the bottom of my engine bay.

I removed the P/S pump and reached down to remove the idle pulley since the special bolt which attaches it back in place was missing. It will be 2-4 days before I can get a replacement bolt to reattach the idle pulley.

As a result, the A/C belt is no longer hooked up to the compressor. I secured it off to the side while I wait to hook it back up.

Will driving the car without the A/C belt hooked up to the compressor cause any issues for the A/C system?

Thanks

· Registered
8,403 Posts
lol...lol...ha...lol...

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
lol...lol...ha...lol...
No, it's just the A/C belt which is disconnected. The P/S and Alt belt are still on. Since you're somewhat gay, I'll assume you thought I was talking about the fuel filter with that remark.

I'm just wondering what effect will be had on the A/C system if the belt to the compressor is not attached while driving?

I'm wondering if the A/C compressor requires a belt for proper lubrication.

· Registered
8,403 Posts
dude, you should not call pple gay, if they arent gay, it could be hurtful. if they are, they could retort with a comment illustrating how extremely imbecilic a question that was, and how you obviously stay on full retard- lack the common sense or logical intuition or at least some sort of mechanical inclination to conclude that

SINCE the compressor RUNS OFF a pulley which TURNS off a BELT which you sooo keenly observed it to be NOT operable, that in fact NOTHING will be affected since NOTHING pertaining to your ac is CONNECTED to a working belt for the entire component....errr...to WORK...

HENCE, what affect? NO affect, you clown...thats why its FUNNY. you loose a belt, NOTHING happens. no pw steering belt? NO POWER STEERING...ac belt? ditto..WATER pump belt DITTO(except you will blow your shit for not having water flow.) but still...
if ANYTHING, your ass dyno might feel a LITTLE uhmph of power, from slightly less labor.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
No, it's just the A/C belt which is disconnected. The P/S and Alt belt are still on. Since you're somewhat gay, I'll assume you thought I was talking about the fuel filter with that remark.

I'm just wondering what effect will be had on the A/C system if the belt to the compressor is not attached while driving?

I'm wondering if the A/C compressor requires a belt for proper lubrication.
:idiots :bash

without the belt hooked up you cant run the a/c..well you can, but it wont work. You'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.