Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if i should drop it using Apexi WS coilovers or shocks and coilover sleeves or if i should put 17s on my car? im not really in to racing i just want to look good and be safe for the car

· Registered
4,659 Posts
PLEASE! get rims BEFORE the drop. that is one of my biggest pet peeves, seeing a car dropped like 3" on stockies. i hate that!

except for those of you who have to during the winter season, sorry, haha

but around here in AZ! PLEASE get rims first, then a drop, it's better to see a 4x4 with nice rims than a lowrider with stock rims, it looks like you just cut your springs or somethin ;)
ghost

· Registered
2,650 Posts
I say drop it first. Nothing uglier than a car with big wheels and no drop....Plus, you get a little better handling from the coilovers. What do you get with the wheels? A loss of power and you spend all your time avoiding potholes :D

· Registered
251 Posts
GhostRider said:
PLEASE! get rims BEFORE the drop. that is one of my biggest pet peeves, seeing a car dropped like 3" on stockies. i hate that!

except for those of you who have to during the winter season, sorry, haha

but around here in AZ! PLEASE get rims first, then a drop, it's better to see a 4x4 with nice rims than a lowrider with stock rims, it looks like you just cut your springs or somethin ;)
ghost
are u kidding me? IMO, 4x4 hondas with rims look worse than low stock cars. I can't stand THAT.

and as for crash6934, if you're not going to do any racing, there is no point is spending major $$$ for expensive Apexi coilovers when you get the same look and a good handle from a good spring and shock combo. or be cheap like me and opt for springs only, stock shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.