Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna drop my HB but don't have a whole lotta cash, what would be the best way to do this? I've been thinking going a full coilover setup or my friend said he could just cut my springs (which i don't think i'd wanna do)

you guys have any suggestions?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Whatever you do, DON'T CUT YOUR SPRINGS! That such a rookie move and doesn't make any sense. You don't get any performance out of doing that and you can actually cause more damage to your car.

Save your money and buy a new suspension setup. Even if you don't have a lot of money, you can find Tokico packages for around $400-$500 (springs & shocks: non-adjustable).

And get both your springs and shocks done at the same time -- you'll save on money and future heartache.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Scarface said:
Would this be enough to lower my car lets say 1.5"'s until i can get camber kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804179286&r=0&t=0
As tempting as those may seem, I wouldn't recommend them. You don't know who the manufacturer is and you don't know the quality of the product. I know it can be hard, but keep saving your money and buy a suspension setup from a reputable company: Tokico, Bilstien, Koni, Skunk2, Ground Controls, Eibach. These are company that have quality products and most have lifetime warranties on them.

I tend to believe that you get what you pay for, and with something as important as your suspension, I wouldn't want to cut corners. So, if you're really pressed for money, go for it, but I would still recommend waiting a little longer and saving your money for a better product.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you explain how suspension works a little i know little to nothing about it. I want to get the Ground Control coilovers, and the Koni Yellow's , lower my car 1.5 " and then when i can get camber lower 2 to 3"

Explain how it all works please, can i just get the Ground Control Coilovers and then be with that or do i need the Koni Yellows?

I don't understand :-\-\:eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mokuboy... speaks the truth

He's right... you really should save and get the whole kit, not just the sleeves.. cuz no sooner than yu ride your car with the sleeves, your stock shocks will go out, and then you get rattling, and a rough ride... It allready happened to me..

Pash

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you explain how suspension works a little i know little to nothing about it. I want to get the Ground Control coilovers, and the Koni Yellow's , lower my car 1.5 " and then when i can get camber lower 2 to 3"

Explain how it all works please, can i just get the Ground Control Coilovers and then be with that or do i need the Koni Yellows?

I don't understand :-\-\

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mokuboy... speaks the truth

He's right... you really should save and get the whole kit, not just the sleeves.. cuz no sooner than yu ride your car with the sleeves, your stock shocks will go out, and then you get rattling, and a rough ride... It allready happened to me..

Peash

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can get ground control coilover, and be done with it.. when you drop your car, your tires wanna do this /-\ thus causing inner camber wear on your tires, and when you run a Z rated tire (very soft compound tire) you tires will go bald on the inside with uneven tire wear...

now you get a camber kit and make you tires back to this !-!, then you get even tire wear, and thus longer life of the tire...

So definetly look into getting a camber kit for all 4 corners as well as a ground control kit....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand the idea of camber kit but i don't understand the rest of suspension

such as Just have the Coilovers what would the Koni yelllows do, what part is what???

what do i NEED first cuz i know i can run without camber with a 1.5" drop but do i need yellows right away or what?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Koni yellows are the actual spring that replaces your stock spring, a coilever kit will provide you with a new spring, a threaded sleeve that fits inside the spring.. so basically, you take your strut (which is an assebly, of shock, and spring), take it apart, and you will take you stock spring off, slide the sleeve over the shock, then your new spring, or koni yellow, will go over the sleeve, and you reassemble the strut, replace into your car, and then start adjusting your ride height....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts