Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And alls I have to say first is that it was FAST!

Goto: http://www.b18c5.com to see the car and it's specs.

Just to touch on it it has a full ITR engine, tranny,suspension transplant.

Toda B's, gears
ARC intake
Spoon 4-2-1 header
straight pipe
Thermal catback
ATS 4.929 Final Drive, LSD
Toda flywheel
RG full coilovers

it was riding on Kosei K1's and AVS intermediates.

just to list a little bit to tease,,,

Needless to say I had lots of fun driving rodney's car. And I'm satisfied that I got the ATS FD and Toda wheel. Now I just gotta wait to get it installed.

Ask me what you like I have lots of opinions and information to share.

and YES it is F*ckin FAST!!!

Anton

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
who has driven a boosted b18c1 and n/a b18c5? which way would you recommend cause i could get either engine and save for the set up. i'm leaning towards the b18c1 but that b18c5 has always called out my name no matter how expensive.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PurpleHaze said:
who has driven a boosted b18c1 and n/a b18c5? which way would you recommend cause i could get either engine and save for the set up. i'm leaning towards the b18c1 but that b18c5 has always called out my name no matter how expensive.
Well, both rodney and I are avid track, course and Auto-X guys so NA is just the natural thing to choose for us. Waiting for the turbo to spool on a course doeen't work for us.

I cannot comment on a turbo except that my other friend has a WRX and though it hauls I feel that my R and rodneys Hybrid R trounce the WRX before it spools up. Plus the WRX tops out earlier and really isn't as raw as our cars are.

So for me I like NA but, to each his own...

A.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
thanks for the response. hmmm i dunno i think the turbo would create a more powerful car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Turbo might be powerful, but it wouldnt be as useful on track ;)

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mikes here too! Good to see ya.

We had a nice subdued meet yesterday, too bad you didn't make it. Are ya back in Mass. yet? rodneys car was such a hit with all the R guys. As a group they don't have alot of mods. One JDM front showed ,"it was quite a nice job too!"

See ya later the FD and FW go in my car on the 26th I just can't wait after driving that CTR.

Later,

A.

·
Registered
53 Posts
TypeRmsm said:
Turbo might be powerful, but it wouldnt be as useful on track ;)
Ohm...
I am not saying that a ITR or CTR isnt fast, but throw a turbo in there and it gets a whole lot faster...plus why wouldnt you want that on a track!? I have autocrossed against my buddy in a wrx and comparing times he was about 2 seconds faster than me...and btw: back when he had his 2.5RS I was barely edging a better time than him.

A turbo only has lag...once lag is over come watchout!! ALot of supra guys run nitrous for the sole purpose of spooling up their huge single turbo monstrosities.

-justin

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we just got back from dynoing the EG and my R.

His car with just a B18C5 and I/H/E produced 162HP and like 122 PF/TQ, from what I remember from his old chart.

After 2 hours of tuning it with all that he has on it now, he has 194HP and 132PF/TQ. This is his car with all the current mods listed above and on his site. It was truely a fun morning, even if it was early as Hell.

My car with just, I/E and HF cat was consistant at 171HP and 122PF/TQ, It is untuned.

In about 3 months or so we're back to the dyno to tune his car more, a JDM CTR and mine will be tuned for the first time. I plan on getting a Adj, FPR and Toda camgears for the tune.

His CTR hybrid is awesome and very fast. My R is an unusually strong car especially since I compare it to my old PY and his 162 base run with I/H/E.

A.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and I forgot to post that he ran a 13.8 and .6 when the EG was stock with I/H&E only.

With current state of tune and the additional mods I'd bet he's in the mid to low 13's easily. We'll have to see this spring at the strip.

BUT, the real test is at the Auto-X's and some laps on a roadcourse day.

A.

·
Registered
32 Posts
PurpleHaze said:
My neighbor is dropping a B18C1 + Turbo in his civic coupe, he started putting the engine in last night and said he'll probably be done around mid-week or so, i'll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't FI a B18C engine it just defeats the purpose of it!...although i guess it caters for peoples different taste and use for their car but just stating my opinion!

cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts