Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks after i changed the brake shoes (rear drums) pads, everytime i brake there are noise coming from it, very embarassing cause it sounds like from a truck or something.. had it cleaned and the noise went away for 3 hours and then came back.. whats wrong?

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
capn said:
when you replaced the shoes, did you have the drum turned?(like did you have the drum cut to a larger diameter) or did you just slap some shoes on?

if the sound went away after he changed it and then it came back almost 100% positive that its the wheel cylinders......fuck i hate drums

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
temp said:
if the sound went away after he changed it and then it came back almost 100% positive that its the wheel cylinders......fuck i hate drums
well if they were not resurfaced it wont have a good base to contact on drums, and it may make harmonics and squeal, and also you dont know what kinda of groove the old shoes wore in there so it could be contacting the drum in an odd position as to create more squealing. so its best to have the rotor/drum turned when installing new pads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.