1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opera DS Browser Coming To North America In June
by Billy Berghammer
POSTED: 3/15/2007 10:40 AM

While the Nintendo DS Browser has been available in both Europe and Japan for quite some time, it was unknown if and when the browser would be coming stateside. We learned from Opera today that Nintendo will release the Nintendo DS Browser on June 4th. Pricing has not yet be revealed.

Check out our video impressions of the Japanese version of the browser by clicking here.-->

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200608/N06.0811.1325.52104.htm

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you go to opera.com and look at the DS forum..many people have
put up replies they have recieved from Nintendo reps that state the
U.S version WILL support flash and Javascript.

·
Registered
984 Posts
detroit-delsol said:
If you go to opera.com and look at the DS forum..many people have
put up replies they have recieved from Nintendo reps that state the
U.S version WILL support flash and Javascript.
So they pretty much F the people in Europe and Japan? I highly doubt that Nintendo will support that because they will basically port the same browser to the U.S., but ill guess we will have to wait and see what to bring. Plus the DS is too weak to process such applications, i didn't say it can't but it will probably go slow...

·
Registered
406 Posts
now the release is closer, if you go to gamestop.com it even says supports flash, etc

·
Registered
984 Posts
detroit-delsol said:
now the release is closer, if you go to gamestop.com it even says supports flash, etc
Im still skeptical, I'll have to see it to believe because like I said previously, in Japan and Europe there was no flash support so I don't see the doing it now... Plus, its gamestop, they are like Fox news...

I am hoping that I am very wrong.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was looking at IGN and some other sites, they had some photos of the screens and pretty much was flash based sites upon all kinds of other stuff. Pretty much looked like the plain regular internet here on the computer. Didnt see a difference so I'm sure it will be pretty good for what it is. And for 35 bucks, it's difficult to argue with that kind of price regardless

·
Registered
984 Posts
detroit-delsol said:
I was looking at IGN and some other sites, they had some photos of the screens and pretty much was flash based sites upon all kinds of other stuff. Pretty much looked like the plain regular internet here on the computer. Didnt see a difference so I'm sure it will be pretty good for what it is. And for 35 bucks, it's difficult to argue with that kind of price regardless
I really hope you are right because that would be wonderful... It would be useful to watch youtube vids and such.. Also, the price I do not care for since I can easily get it for "free."

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will be a good internet service for a handheld device. Keep in mind it will not be as fast as something with a direct connection such as your computer, but it will be good for what it is...

·
Registered
406 Posts
well besides paying up front for the browser, you cant argue with "free" service as long as you find a wireless connection which can easily be obtained at any coffee shop, etc, etc. I can't really see anyone using it at home as their prime internet connection source anyways

·
Registered
984 Posts
detroit-delsol said:
well besides paying up front for the browser, you cant argue with "free" service as long as you find a wireless connection which can easily be obtained at any coffee shop, etc, etc. I can't really see anyone using it at home as their prime internet connection source anyways
As for "free" I really meant that I could get the browser for free without having to put down any cash for it... ala flashcart

·
Registered
406 Posts
I guess gamestop was wrong about their assumption just as opera.com was. Oh well, I guess it's still hard to argue for 35 dollars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.