Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a '94 civic ed 4dr with a b18a swap in it and a t3/t4 hybrid turbo. right now i am only running 6 pounds of boost but will probably go higher later on. I need to get bigger injectors and i am going to get an apexi safc. I was looking at just buying some used DSM injectors but now im unsure because i dont want to have to get them flow balanced and blue printed. is it worth just buying brand new RC injectors or will i save money doing dsm (after the balancing and blue printing)? does anyone have any info on doing the dsm injectors and if theirs any tweaking i need to do? and what size do u recomend? i was thinking 450cc and the most boost i will probably every run is 12lbs at the most. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
12lbs is pushing it on an afc. As for injectors, DSM 450cc will work. However, I would not use them unless they had been cleaned and balanced. Factor that into the cost of the injectors, and you may decide that you would rather pay a little more for the new rc units. However you can find ford racing injectors new on ebay all of the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
rcs are good injectors(for V8's anyways) but id go with them all the way

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is their any ecu modifications needed to run the ford injectors? and do u know of any sites off hand that i could use. thanks!

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I think the best are correctinject ...you can get them here tunertoys .

They are cheap and flow rates are within 1% tolerances.

Personally I would never put RC injectors on my car because of the flow pattern. Try to stay with pintle type injectors.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
99.9% sure that rc are pintle style injectors. lucas are the only disc injectors that I know of... Also last time I checked, the discs style injectors provided better fuel atomization. Take a look at a set of motor cycle injectors :)

http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/fuelinjectorguide.htm

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i was looking at the injectors from tuner toys. they sound real promising but has anyone actually tried them out? thanks guys. and does anyone have an apexi safc they wanna sell? thanks again!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The second-generation S-AFC is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. ................doesnt this mean that the eight points i set can be below boost and during boost? it sounds like it would work from this does anyone know for sure? and 50% of stock 270cc injectors would be around around 400cc so wouldnt that give me enought fuel for 6-8lbs. thanks!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
SuperSleeperB18 said:
it wont give enough fuel even if im only running 6-8lbs of boost? what would u recomend if it wont work?
The SAFC works good with 440-450cc injectors and is fine for 6-8 psi, I was talking about those 83lb injectors (around 850cc) the other dude is selling. Those are waaaay too big for the SAFC or VAFC. About 2X the size you want.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how big of a problem will the igniton be? are u talking about the timing? and do u know how much i could pickk up one of those computers for

1 - 20 of 20 Posts