Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
j4yd333hm said:
the comp i put together this weekend, includes dual 17" LCD monitors, what are your opinions on this setup and why/why not you think it is good
depends on what you using it for...just regular surfing the net and playing games is okay but not necessary...If the computer came with dual monitors then :tu but i wouldn't go out my way to get another monitior just for b.sing around.

Now depending on your occupation, dual computers can be a life saver...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
dual monitors are great, lot of room to do work in, for instance one monitor you have your work, the other can have an internet browser so you can get get information for your work and not having to minimize and maximize all the time. Or if your watching a movie and just remembered you have to do something on your computer you can continue watching, and do your work! They don't have to be the exact same monitors, I just got a crap monitor as my secondary one, its good for text, but thats it. Can't imagine one monitor again.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've got dual 18" LCDs. It's really nice for video editing, programming, HTML stuff like that.

Gaming not so much as most games don't use both screens. Forget about dual screen 3d accelerated games (usually when you have dual screens only one is 3d accelerated, but that a function of the video card)

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
we're starting to get those at work and they are awesome. At home I don't think I'd need the dual, maybe if you do a lot of gaming it could come in handy, but I find it pointless personally. At work it's great because you can multi task easier :tu

·
Banned
240 Posts
Hmm, unless you're doing some actual work at home it's not all that necessary. Sometimes its just nice if you're writing some college essay but wanna talk to ur friends on AIM more or less uninterrupted and wanna suft the web for research but still have Word totally open its really nice. Dual Monitors is nice, I have 2 22" CRT (haha, not much deskroom left). But yeah, if you got it use it. And then you got the crazy people with Quad monitors (a customer of mine was a stock broker and wanted quad monitors, and then he bought 4 19" LCDs... i was drooling allllll over)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.