Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Lite On LDW-451S 4X DVD burner for a year. I've burned about 200 discs with about 80% being DVDs. Today I tried buring a CD and it got caught up right around the lead in. I finally gave up and reset the computer. The drive has given me lots of problems since. It will not read any of my blank CDs and has a lot of problems reading a blank DVD. I actually got it to write a DVD with only one small picture file on it. It took a long time to do this - it really got hung up around lead in and lead out.

I tried a firmware upgrade and uninstalling/reinstalling it as far as Windows is concerned, but nothing helps. Any other ideas? How long is the life of a DVD burner? I've thought of a NEC ND-3520A (16X, also dual layer support) burner as a replacement. Any opinions on that?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
yea that burner probably lived out it's usefulness.

the 3520a is good. I have one. however, dvd playback takes a bit longer than normal and the playback can be kinda loud. nothing really big. i suggest getting the dual layer Lite-On. i forgot the actual model name but yea just look for it on newegg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.