Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am back again for more questions.
i am considering getting a multi format DVD burner. currently i am looking at getting the Sony DRU-510A. i know it; sonly a 4X but it's what i can afford. i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it, any opinions?
what are some other models (brands) that i should take a look at?

what are some good medias i should get?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
pioneer on newegg.com

i got mine for 161. i heard pioneer is good. i also heard cendyne uses the same parts as pioneer so it's just as good. but yea. i suggest that. it's dual format and 4x also.

·
Registered
838 Posts
accord 4 me said:
you say 4x as if its slow...dvd speeds and cd speeds are two different numbers
yup. thas why dvd-drive for PC only goes up to 16x ..

burning a dvd @ 4x = about 15min (full 4.3gb) .. which isnt bad at all considering how much data you're burning comparing to 700mb on a cdr.

i have the sony 4x dual layer burner, works great for me so far. forgot the model # but it is pricey. you should be able to find a dual layer 4x one for much less.

also, dual layered dvd-r/+r (both side of discs) is coming out next year so im not sure if current dvd burners will be able to use those (im hoping it does lol)

as for media brands, ive used TDK +R/-R and they work great. I prefer TDK. or you could also chk online stores for much cheaper prices :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you guys for the great responses. My mom's friend works for Sony so i can get a great price on it, so i think i consider going with the Sony one but again i am still open to suggestions. As long as the 4X does not become obsolete within 2-3 years then i am cool with it.

Thanks again for the great responses.
anymore suggestions?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
i think a 8x is coming out soon or just came out. but then we're talking about computer hardware here.. everything becomes obsolete in a year or two :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know, i used to upgrade my pc once every 6-8 months, but then i ran out of family members to give my old computer to.

the sony 8X comes out Nov. 5th, but then it will be super expensive. i rather just save the difference and add to my "rims" fund.

·
Registered
269 Posts
8x dvd+r are already out. i got a sony dru510a, so far so good, about 220burns done already. 150movies, 60ps2 games, and 10 data disc. also, the dru510a has a huge 8mb for better burn protection.

check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdwriters if you need more help. they seem to like pioneer burners, sony, & nec nd-1300a, btw, look into ricoh, ritek & tdk media disc, not CMC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts