Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some are sick of hearing about my build, my car, my block. Well hopefully friday passen or auto exotica I think can fix all my problems. I'm totally convinced my intake and exhaust valves aren't opening right because I made a mistake and didn't degree the cam back in when I took them out to bolt the head back on. Frank at Pocketrocket racing degree'd them for me but it got messed up because of me! No biggy really because compression is pretty dang high still and nothing is broke or bending. The valves are just drastically out of time in relation to the piston. I'm flatbeddin it friday to Columbus. The guys told me no worries they can degree my cams and it would be a couple hun to do it. Hopefully they call me mid friday and tell me the 2 cels I'm concerned about are gone let's dyno. I'm pretty sure the cels won't come back just think about it. No air on start up, falls on face til to temp, doesn't pull like it should. They said possibly they could pull 220 out of it from what I've done. It may end up at 185 who knows shit happens. I'm just happy I'll have it back and rollin soon! Thanks to each of you that took the time to read my all motor thread too. I mean 3000+ views somebody has to care! Hopefully I'll set an all motor trend here at SHO!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
should have went to auto assets... when passen sold out to the auto exotica guys most of the good guys jumped and went to auto assests. wait until you meet kelly.... tinny little hottie :p

let me know when you're coming down, i'll make a trip over for the dyno runs

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
if you do dyno it you wont be getting the best out of it with that VAFC... so when you do get numbers, just think "dang when i get my AEM ems in and tuned ill be putting down more"

if you do shitty just blame it on the vafc :hehe

good luck

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crdcz03 said:
if you do dyno it you wont be getting the best out of it with that VAFC... so when you do get numbers, just think "dang when i get my AEM ems in and tuned ill be putting down more"

if you do shitty just blame it on the vafc :hehe

good luck
I know all about the vafc, I wouldn't expect that much from it. It could possibly pull 20 hp tuned on a build like this. I should be able to have ems installed late summer before I store it. One I put my throttle body / manifold setup on with the smsp header I'd imagine it would be beastly. I need about 2,700 bucks to get it there and honestly I'll have to get 1 by one and wait until I can get the manifold portmached to the tb. Once I have all that complete I'll put the juice to it. I'd imagine I can pull 350 hp and 250 + ft lbs of torque once I get it the way I want with the direct port kit. Those numbers are reachable easily because I don't have to worry about the potential of my block breaking. Thank god for the turbo guys because a warranty to 60 psi assures me I'll be ok to throw a pretty big shot on it. Anyways I'm not rambling anymore. I'm going to passen westerville friday morning but I may just leave the car and go. I don't know if they want you around bothering them but it is my car and they better be careful. Eric told me not to worry he'll take care of it.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt said:
yeah, i know who eric is..... i thought you would be there at least to see your car on the dyno....
I'll be there for that. I'm going to get a little video on the exhaust and stuff. Should sound real nice. I wish I had a K&N filter for the aem short ram but I bought a cheap one because no one in Mansfield had the K&N. It sounds better. How is that Eric cat, seems like a really nice guy to me on the phone. He said they've tuned a 700 hp integra for me not to worry they'll get the cams right. I'm going to tell them to call me when they get ready to dyno and I'll drive back down. I don't even know how to get there but I'll figure it out. I'm coming down 71 S to 270 west I think. Matt how far are you from there? There dyno is built into the floor so that makes me happy. Ramps and my lude don't like each other!

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Didn't get the car down there until almost noon. They took me off the schedule but I left it down there . I told dude to take his time. Hopefully the cels are gone when I get it back and I can tune it. I'll keep everyone informed!
man, i woulda been there at 6am. :rolleyes

:hehe

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
98Vtec said:
man, i woulda been there at 6am. :rolleyes

:hehe
and when u get there by 6am, u'll get yelled for being late...:hehe

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I live in Mansfield Ohio about 55 miles from there. I had to wait on my buddy in the hatch to get to my house to follow me because I figured I'd be without the lude a few days. Feels so empty not seeing sit in my garage. Did they treat you good down there? We'll see how it goes, what car do you have and whats the extent of your setup other than what you listed. Also how much was your total bill when they were done. Also if anyone is interested in this hatch let me know. The light in the pic isn't real great to show how awesome the color looks. There's not a chip on it. My buddy wipes it off everytime he gets out of it. Konig wheels, je pistons 9.5 to 1 , ross rods, chipped ecu, full exhaust. He's driven the hatch 600 miles in 3 years and has 15 grand in it. Every bolt on you could imagine! Interior is mint. He's buying a turob kit for it this weekend. It's only got the d16a6 in it but it does scream. I was surprised how hard 4th pulled in that hatch. A turbo kit with 10 psi of boost would help it. I hope they get my car done tomorrow but they're only open til 2. Any info on this place is appreciated!

·
Registered
440 Posts
wow i didnt realize you guys are that close to me... well not really close...... how far is mansfield from stl MO? I might end up having to drive that far just to get my sh*t tuned! Nobody good in my area!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Didn't get the car down there until almost noon. They took me off the schedule but I left it down there . I told dude to take his time. Hopefully the cels are gone when I get it back and I can tune it. I'll keep everyone informed!
Wait...so are you going to tune it yourself or are you letting the shop tune it? :confused

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SpanishRicer said:
Wait...so are you going to tune it yourself or are you letting the shop tune it? :confused
Don't know what's going to happen. He called me and guess what, they can't figure it out. They say I've got everything perfect and all electrical was fine. I've got a little metal showing on 2 wires out of the 4 on my O2. I'm thinking the heater circuit is messed up or something because once it warms up it's fine. I know I'm not paying someone 500 bucks to not fix my car. I'll write them a check and then call the bank and cancel it. They're the ones that said they're dope. I can tune it once I get 1 baseline pull!

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Don't know what's going to happen. He called me and guess what, they can't figure it out. They say I've got everything perfect and all electrical was fine. I've got a little metal showing on 2 wires out of the 4 on my O2. I'm thinking the heater circuit is messed up or something because once it warms up it's fine. I know I'm not paying someone 500 bucks to not fix my car. I'll write them a check and then call the bank and cancel it. They're the ones that said they're dope. I can tune it once I get 1 baseline pull!
dont be a cheap bastard :giggle :lmao

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vtec_lude said:
wow.. i hope they figure out the cells... i've been lurking on your threads for ages.. I really wanna see how this motor performs!! goodluck!
Oh the motor performs alright. They found the knock sensor unplugged, imagine that! It's 70 bucks an hr but I talked to the guy today and he says that if he can't fix it he doesn't charge nearly that. He said the cams are in right, everything is lining up. I asked him if it was still hard to start and he hadn't done a cold start on it yet. I asked him if he wanted me to just come get it and he told me he's not giving up on it yet. I'm think my O2 is fucked because I remember my buddy spraying brake cleaner on it and then coating the threads with some oil when he put it back in. It also shows a little metal on two of the wires so the heater circuit might be doing it. The metal popping sound he said was most likely a misfire, it only happens at 1500 rpms, no where else in the rev range. He said he can still get an air fuel for me which I certainly hope. The guy in the hatch that followed me to columbus said when I was behind him a ways and I got on the throttle in 4th gear he said the car looked fuckin evil coming up on him!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.