Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Is that untuned?? What kit?? The numbers seem a bit low, I'd expect 245-255 at that boost with a good tune. Not bad by any means...I bet it scoots :tu2:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just looked at the graphs now i ton't know what the 1st one is. we started out with 5 psi and that was 165whp with an ugly curve. Tuned 5psi was around 200 whp. Then we slowly moved the boost up and tuned. and it got to where it is now. I was talking to the tuner last nite on aim he said he noticed that it was too retarded while in boost so he is gonna change that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
what do you have to tune it with? you should be around 300hp on 9psi unless you have a tiny turbo

looks like a pretty normal graph though, need to play with the vtec point some

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
300 whp? that seems way too high. I was expecting like 240-250 with the 9si. I still have alittle tuning to do with that timing.
Its a hondata 2b and the turbo is a t3/t04

·
Registered
172 Posts
nah, the last few cars i have tuned made a little over 300hp on 10psi

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
nah, the last few cars i have tuned made a little over 300hp on 10psi
What were those cars using for engine management? Have u ever tuned a car with the afc dsm setup?

·
Registered
172 Posts
i did a jrsc sohc on the afc hack... ran ok. i wont ever do it again. but they had aem ems on em.. for dyno numbers the wont be much difference between hondata and the ems

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
i did a jrsc sohc on the afc hack... ran ok. i wont ever do it again. but they had aem ems on em.. for dyno numbers the wont be much difference between hondata and the ems
Y wont u do it again? is the hack a bitch to tune?... reason im asking all the questions cuz i wanna get my car dyno tuned as soon as i get it from the shop and im usng the afc setup.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the hack is easy to tune but its a bandaid, no better than small injectors and an fmu imo. under full throttle and full boost its ok, but it results in wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much timing under partial boost and part throttle. that you cant correct for with a btm either.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I wanted to go hondata but it seems like its gonna be a headache for me cuz im gonna have to switch my ecu......if i do switch ecu to a p28 or something like it.......will that affect my car being that the ecu was never intended for it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
95accordlx said:
will that affect my car being that the ecu was never intended for it?
nope, not as long as its tuned properly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts