Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Autothority in Fairfax and some other place in Manassas (can't remember the name from the phonebook last night), is there a good, reliable place for a dyno test?

Also, should I get a dyno test now or wait until I do "stage 2" of my upgrades...

-Stage 2- is:

Stage cams, valves, valve springs, retainers, ITR pistons, connecting rods, Apexi VTEC AFC Controller, fuel rail, fuel filter, BB throttle body & possibly fluidyne radiator, and electric cooling fan.

Note that stage 2 will prolly not be installed until spring/summer '03 (unless I have a REALLY good xmas)...

My current set-up is:
GSR swap,
AEM CAI
Skunk2 Intake manifold
Greddy SS 4-2-1 header
PowerCore High Flo Cat
Apexi WS exhaust
Magnicor Wires
AEM Underdrive Pulleys
AEM Adjustible Cam gears

Is it worth getting a dyno now, or should I save my money and use that for stage 2 parts, and then dyno right after their install?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-GothRice-

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:D Anybody? I know the NOVA people are out there, I mean, 2 NOVA meets thus far...:D

Will drive to MD as well...

·
Registered
396 Posts
sorry, don't know of any good places to dyno in NoVA.... there is one in Richmond that I've heard is very good, but i've never been there myself. i'd get it tuned now and have the cam gears set, then do it again after stage 2. but if money's really an issue, just wait til you have the parts. you definitely wanna have it tuned after you do all that stuff tho.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks D16Y8mike, do you happen to know the name of the dyno place in Richmond?

Yeah... I've been debating saving the 250-350.00 for the dyno and using it for the next wave of car parts purchases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts