Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Havent posted on here in a while but I got a question I hope someone can answer. Ok so last week I had my rear brakes replaced (drums) and E-brake cable tightened. Well I put my E-brake up today as well as put the car in reverse as I was going to be jacking it up one wheel at a time to put my wheels on for summer. So yea I put the wheels on and take it for a ride and I can tell the E-brake is still grabbing the passenger rear wheel....Any clue how to fix this? I tried pulling the E-brake handle up high and back down and nothing. Tired to drive with it up to free it and nothing....I don't have the cash for another repair bill...Any sugguestions? You guys have always been a lot of help to me over the years. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post...Should have just said E-brake cable stuck on. haha

Thanks

Jeremy

· Registered
754 Posts
spray it with tons of lube or take the drums apart and do it manually

· Registered
13 Posts
I just had this problem! The spacer bar that holds the two drums apart on the problem wheel (called the clevis) needs to be flipped around. The short end has two prongs that are the same length. Then you'll have the star bolt, then the longer end. The longer end has the staggered prongs. The longer side needs to be facing you while the short side goes behind the drum to allow space for the e-brake arm to freely move. My e-brake would stick while I drove and heat the drum to a dangerous level. As soon as I flipped it my wheel would freely spin while jacked up, and while driving it wouldn't smell like burning brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.