Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
past few days I've been getting hard time to crank my car because battery is really not cooperating. Since i have a sound system and running HID without special harness for awhile, i think my battery is taken a toll. So gonna get an Optima battery.

I kinda want to have a volt meter gauge installed, so how easy is it to do this? just wondering also, how easy to wire up water temp/oil temp/oil pressure gauges? I know i probably dont need all these gauges for a bolted on mods lude, but just wondering. Any site/help from luders would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
not that hard but all u would ned is

wiring
gauges like u said volt/water temp/oil temp/oil pressure gauges or whateva
need a wiring diagram so you can tap into right wires
gauge pods to hold em or what not

thats about it and some knowledge of electircal conponets and soldeing maybe

someone else may know more i justput my .02 in

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not hard at all for the volt meter all i thas is a + - and a wilre for illimantion, i have mine in a 8616 relay so it is conected right to the battery but still truns off with the car. i get you a wire diagram in the AM when i look at the relay.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
for oil pressure you need a steel 1/8" to -4 bspt fitting a steel braided line -4 and some 18 guage wire.

i never put a water temp guage in my car cause it already has one.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Would it be ricey to you guys to put in an oil pressure gauge and A/F ratio gauge on a bolt on lude? Pillar gauge pod...

I'm going to have I/H/E/VAFCII by the time I would actually do it... I don't want people to be like "He's pretending to be turbo... haha" and shit... Autometer Cobalt Gauges would look bad ass with my 4th Gen EL dash converted to blue...

~Peace

·
Registered
870 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Would it be ricey to you guys to put in an oil pressure gauge and A/F ratio gauge on a bolt on lude? Pillar gauge pod...

I'm going to have I/H/E/VAFCII by the time I would actually do it... I don't want people to be like "He's pretending to be turbo... haha" and shit... Autometer Cobalt Gauges would look bad ass with my 4th Gen EL dash converted to blue...

~Peace
Well i have I/H/E and A VAFC2 on the way and no,how is it ricey to know how your engine is acting, the last thing i want to do is be pushing the car hard on the track and lose oil press. THe ricey thing to do is just doing what others think is cool that is being ricey. Do what you want and that is being creative!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking... haha

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Red top is fine... I have one with no problems whatsoever... thing is awesome

-15 degrees... car turns over twice and starts... it's nuts

~Peace

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i bought a red top. paid 109 plus tax. The yellow is like 150 plus tax, but the CCA isnt that much more than the red. So the red should suit me fine.

back to the gauge guys, if i want to have Temp gauges (oil/water), do i have to drill into anything? Cuz i dont want to drill into my block or oil pan. They're not a must for me. But the voltmeter is probably a must.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
aznswtlkr said:
yeah i bought a red top. paid 109 plus tax. The yellow is like 150 plus tax, but the CCA isnt that much more than the red. So the red should suit me fine.

back to the gauge guys, if i want to have Temp gauges (oil/water), do i have to drill into anything? Cuz i dont want to drill into my block or oil pan. They're not a must for me. But the voltmeter is probably a must.
no you gotta tap into like ut oil sending unit for oil pressure and for water i think you tap into your colant temp sensor thatd be my guess but ask someoen that knows for sure never done gauges b4 hope i helped maybe the gauges box says what to tap into

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
aznswtlkr said:

ugghh i wam lazy but i will help you for sure hold on while i dig up a link ! :lmao

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/sho...+pressure+guage

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
dam superhonda........... i explained what you needed for oil pressure above but i will take pics and try to be as helpful as possible tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts