Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
ismael-robert said:
So you're motor actually says DOHC VTEC on the cover? Or does it say VTEC only? Do what everybody does...intake, header, exhaust...hell get nitrous

lol

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
a spoiler, altezza tail lights, a 10k rpm tach, water/oil/temp gauges..neon lighting, oh and APC muffler.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i would say maintenance like timing belt/waterpump if u dont know when it was done last. then coolant flush, spark plugs, oil change, pads, etc whatever is needed to get it back to being reliable.

leftover money, gas, hahahhaa

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
i rolled a 96 sentra into the emissions bay today, full body kit, less than a quarter inch off the ground. it was already fucked up on arrival. 11krpm tach, shift light, NOS seat covers/floormats, shit exhaust, header, intake? a few gauges..spoiler, aftermarket head and taillights(black housing)-woulda looked cool if everything else as stock cause the car was silver metallic painted. oh and it was an auto..

but OT, save for turbo build or work on the suspension. bolt ons dont do much. either turbo or suspension mods will def. be a ton of fun, cause u can go fast or fast in curves. but both=ownz0rz.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
an auto?....what a waste of a car huh sniper? :ninja
HEYYYY!

an auto isnt isnt as bad when have a turbonetics t3/t4 mounted to it.. :ninja

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
ksniperfox said:
a spoiler, altezza tail lights, a 10k rpm tach, water/oil/temp gauges..neon lighting, oh and APC muffler.
I love ksniperfox :hug Haha that shit really made me laugh.

As for your upgrades I'd say choose power or suspension. If you choose power do the basic bolt ons ie. cat back exhaust, headers, and cold air intake. That will give you a little somethin. If you choose suspension, get some rims w/ nice tires and then some struts and springs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blackdelsol94 said:
I love ksniperfox :hug Haha that shit really made me laugh.

As for your upgrades I'd say choose power or suspension. If you choose power do the basic bolt ons ie. cat back exhaust, headers, and cold air intake. That will give you a little somethin. If you choose suspension, get some rims w/ nice tires and then some struts and springs.
Where should i get it?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
i would not advise buying basic boltons for the D....you will not make any real notable power with em...save your money for a turbo or a better motor
\

i say suspension/wheels/tires first.....no matter what you end up wanting for power you will need these first

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree wheels/tires/suspension first. You might also thing about getting a bigger sway bar. One cheap thing you can do to give your suspension some kick. If I were you I wouldn't do anything to the engine yet. At least nothing major like a header, cams, turbo. You will see a good size improvement in quickness when the suspention is as ridged as possible. Meaning getting swaybars, strut tower braces, springs/shocks, wheels/tires. The right kind of tire will make or break your suspension improvements. Get a stickey tire like the or tBFG g-force T/A KDW or the nitto NTO1. There are many good tires out there so pick one that fits your budget and application. For spring I would go with these from Dropzone. They are $107 for a set of 4 adjustable coilovers. For sway bars I would go with Eibach. For wheels I would go with some 17x as wide as you can fit without rubbing. Just remember backspacing and offset.

springs-. http://www.customstreetdesigns.com/1688-DZ1001CO.htm.

sway bars-http://performance.drivewire.com/suspension/hondacivicdelsolswaybar.html

strut bars- http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/mmp/honda~del_sol~strut_bar~parts.html

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Del_Sol_22 said:
What about a b series? And if yes, where should i go to get one?
yeah a b series would be your best bet, but for 2g's you couldn't do much of anything. I mean you could get a complete b18b swap, but I believe it's 2g's...then you'll need about 300-400 for shipping, then a little more to have it swapped in and what not. Save up your money and do some suspension work and wheels/tires like you were previously suggested to do. If you REALLY wanted to go for some dropzone coilovers, go to www.cbwheels.com they are 99 bucks and shipping is free. I've had them on my last two sols and I was pretty happy with them. I bet it would have handled even better with some aftermarket struts though...like kyb agx's...

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
soul 93 said:
i would not advise buying basic boltons for the D....you will not make any real notable power with em...save your money for a turbo or a better motor
\

i say suspension/wheels/tires first.....no matter what you end up wanting for power you will need these first
Yeah...I sunk so much into my Si before I realized... :bye.
Get a good suspension setup with that money. My del's a
fucking go-kart, baby! :number1 Don't go cheap...I did
this with my Nissan recently and I'm starting to regret
it, although it's not too bad. I'm lovin' the Tanabe exhaust,
on my Sol, but get a B series before you start adding shit, IMO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.